• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-men 112 missing both staples, with staple holes 1.5 inches from spine

8 posts in this topic

X-men 112 missing both staples, with staple holes 1.5 inches from spine

Has anyone seen this manufacturing defect before? No staple holes in the spine and holes without staples about 1.5 inches away from spine. Holes extend to the inside of the comic into the first page of the middle wrap. Any ideas what this does to grade? (the other two holes are around wolverine's shoulder)

2.JPG

1.JPG

Edited by Leafsno1

54 minutes ago, Leafsno1 said:

Has anyone seen this manufacturing defect before?

Terrible staple placement? Yes. I have a few books that are barely readable.

54 minutes ago, Leafsno1 said:

No staple holes in the spine and holes without staples about 1.5 inches away from spine. Holes extend to the inside of the comic into the first page of the middle wrap. Any ideas what this does to grade? (the other two holes are around wolverine's shoulder)

I'm guessing the original buyer removed the staples so he could actually read the book.

28 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

If the gender is unknown, "he" is appropriate.  "They" is only if there are many owners.

I love off-center staples, but that X-Men is a little ridiculous.

disagree

also-- they can convey one or many

unless the rules are somehow different in Canada

Edited by 01TheDude

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

If the gender is unknown, "he" is appropriate.  "They" is only if there are many owners.

I love off-center staples, but that X-Men is a little ridiculous.

Wrong again:

Singular they is the use in English of the pronoun they or its inflected or derivative forms, them, their, theirs, and themselves (or themself), as an epicene (gender-neutral) singular pronoun. It typically occurs with an antecedent of indeterminate gender, as in sentences such as:

• "Somebody left their umbrella in the office. Would they please collect it?"[1]
  • "The patient should be told at the outset how much they will be required to pay."[2]
  • "But a journalist should not be forced to reveal their sources."[2]

The singular they had emerged by the 14th century and is common in everyday spoken English, but its use has been the target of criticism since the late 19th century. Its use in formal English has increased with the trend toward gender-inclusive language.