• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Judge Dredd Advice?

6 posts in this topic

Judge Dredd Advice?

Hey everybody

I just re-watched Dredd with Karl Urban and was reminded how great this movie is. I remember seeing it during its theatrical release years ago and loving it. Shame it didn’t get the love it deserved. So wish they would do a follow-up, but from what I've read that's super unlikely.  

I’ve never read any of the Judge Dredd comics. Any recommendations on where I should start? 

Thanks!

Edited by vksince82

Yep, that's where I would start.    I read a bunch of black and white compilations as well so I cant recall if the Eagle series covers the Cursed Earth arc or not.

The C.E. tpbs  had a huge hole in the plot as there was an extended Burger Wars segment that was never reprinted.  Burger King and McDonalds somehow objected to their names and likeness's being attached to kill crazy bikers.

It finally is available uncensored and complete. I highly recommend it.

Edited by shadroch

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Seconded.  Such a great run of books, you won't be disappointed.

thirded..... here's mine.  Some great stories in this group.  Wagner tells amazing stories.  This issue (#21) is the book that got me started.  It was 1985 and I was checking the new issues at Geoffrey's on Crenshaw when I saw this awesome cover!!   So Joe Kubert Rock like.  I bought it, read it, then proceeded to track down all the other issues.  Lots of Brian Bolland covers in there too. 

dredd 21.jpg

Edited by Senormac