• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Betty or Veronica?
3 3

125 posts in this topic

As I said before in a similar thread...

Comic Book: I choose Betty in a close one.

d17eb81a99091354efb0616f0776f453.jpg

In Riverdale: I choose Veronica by a mile, it's not even close actually!

C8MX0GoW0AI-nno.jpg

Edited by CAHokie

Oddly I've always been in the Veronica camp but prefer Betty in Riverdale. All the more strange I swore off blondes several years ago.

355557e2-2957-4c13-b8ab-5d7e16668a66.jpg

Maybe subconsciously I'm looking for a change?

As a youngster, I always thought Veronica was the mean one or the evil one for some reason and that Betty was actually Archie's girlfriend. Granted that I did not read very much of the Archie series so I didn't quite understand the dynamic involved-- or even that both girls were attached to Archie. Some of that might have been confusing Reggie as being Veronica's boyfriend and him being such a -- thus her also being one by association. Was there a time when Veronica and Reggie were paired off? Might have been the issues I read or the cartoons I saw.

After reviewing the covers though that I've seen from this forum, I've come to the conclusion that Veronica was simply being herself and not spiteful and constantly annoyed like Betty was. Sort of a sea change for me-- now going with Veronica as a favorite of the two. Perhaps it had something to do with my mom being named Betty also.

Anyway-- I would go with Veronica as she seems like a challenge to win over while Betty seems far too into Archie- like she is practically stalking him. Looks wise-- they are even.

Edited by 01TheDude

I have always thought Betty is my choice over the years since I had collected Archie books to now. Veronica is one nice pretty girl but sometimes her high rich attitude can turn me off. But sometimes she did things that surprised me when it come to having Betty as her best friend. Archie surely have a difficult time in deciding which one is his forever, and he still is, after 75 years since! Personally I admit that Josie and Melody are also my favourite girls in comics! :x  

Here are some of my Archie featuring Betty and Veronica over Archie over...

Maybe this is the beginning of Archie's problem or is it the other way with girls? 

IMG_0626.JPG

...And sometimes I think Archie is the lucky guy to share a soda with them! This cover had been used so often in other covers over the decades since this one come out. I wonder how many of you collectors in here have it ? hm

IMG_0627.JPG

Not sure if Reggie is being sarcastic or feeling pity at Archie when he said this line?  ;) Betty and Veronica still battling each other who get him all the years. 

IMG_0669.JPG