NTX COMIC BOOK SHOW - July 15th & 16th, Dallas - STARLIN, BAGLEY, SUYDAM
1 1

27 posts in this topic

194 posts
NTX COMIC BOOK SHOW - July 15th & 16th, Dallas - STARLIN, BAGLEY, SUYDAM

If you are on your way to San Diego, as a dealer or fan, why not stop in Dallas for the next North Texas Comic Book Show on July 15th & 16th?

We're giving the board a little advance notice as this event has not been formally announced yet. 

We have another good line up planned with Jim Starlin, Mark Bagley, and Arthur Suydam as early announcement guests.

We'll be at the Irving Convention Center for this event so ez access and destination.

More info will be available here on May 1st and thereafter.

The North Texas Comic Book Show has been putting comics back into comic cons since 2011. Tickets will be $15/day, or $25/two day, with packages available for Mr. Starlin and Mr. Bagley. We'll post more soon. Hope you can make it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,882 posts

Any insights on what the packages for those guests will entail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts
14 hours ago, mysterio said:

Any insights on what the packages for those guests will entail?

Happy to oblige Mysterio.

Jim Starlin - Jim will not be sketching at the event. His package will include early entry, a signed limited edition Starlin print, two comics signed at no charge (witnessed or not), and a show t-shirt.

Mark Bagley - Mark will be doing a very limited number of sketches at the event. Two packages will be available. Both will include early entry, a signed limited edition Bagley print, two comics signed at no charge (witnessed or not), and a show t-shirt. The higher end package will include a sketch guarantee that will allow for the purchase of a sketch by Mark at the event. It will not include the price of the sketch. 10 of these will be availble on Saturday and Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,882 posts
23 minutes ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

Happy to oblige Mysterio.

Jim Starlin - Jim will not be sketching at the event. His package will include early entry, a signed limited edition Starlin print, two comics signed at no charge (witnessed or not), and a show t-shirt.

Mark Bagley - Mark will be doing a very limited number of sketches at the event. Two packages will be available. Both will include early entry, a signed limited edition Bagley print, two comics signed at no charge (witnessed or not), and a show t-shirt. The higher end package will include a sketch guarantee that will allow for the purchase of a sketch by Mark at the event. It will not include the price of the sketch. 10 of these will be availble on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks! I'm hoping to make it down for the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
480 posts

AWESOME!

Sounds great so far!  STOKED you're moving into the Irving location, you've worked hard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,034 posts

You said Witnessed or not?

So there will be a CGC rep there, correct?? @ComicBooksDallas

for the option...to have it witnessed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Yes, witnessed or not. We do not have a CGC rep lined up but we will have CBCS at the event. Our regular CGC person can't make this event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,882 posts

Geof Isherwood added, Jim Starlin canceled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Mark Morales, noted inker on titles from The Avengers to The X-Men, has been added to the July 15th & 16th show at the Irving Convention Center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

A couple of additions to July's event. As noted previously Mr. Starlin has cancelled. Admission just $15 for one day and $25 for two. Special Bagley packages. A few dealer spots left.

Full list:

Mark Bagley - co-creator Carnage, artist on Venom: Lethal Protector, Amazing Spider-Man

Arthur Suydam - the Zombie King

Geof Isherwood - The "Nam, Dr. Strange, Conan The Barbarian

Jay Leisten - Death of Wolverine, Secret Empire

Bob Camp - Ren & Stimpy, The 'Nam, Conan The Barbarian

Larry Stroman - Alien Legion, Tribe

Mark Morales - noted inker on titles from The Avengers to the X-Men

Ben Dunn - The Godfather of American Manga.

Andrew Mangum - Puppetmaster, Evil Ernie, Hatchet

Doug Hazlewood - Superman

Michael Lark - Daredevil, Lazarus

JulyShowimage1 (1).jpg

Edited by ComicBooksDallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Rob Guillory (Chew) will be announced as a new addition on Monday. Just an early bird FYI for boardies. Mysterio, you coming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,882 posts
7 hours ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

Rob Guillory (Chew) will be announced as a new addition on Monday. Just an early bird FYI for boardies. Mysterio, you coming?

Thanks for the info! Not sure if I can make it yet, I hope to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,034 posts
On 5/4/2017 at 8:21 AM, ComicBooksDallas said:

Yes, witnessed or not. We do not have a CGC rep lined up but we will have CBCS at the event. Our regular CGC person can't make this event.

With Carnage in the Venom Movie, I'm sure your going to get a a rush on Mark Bageily :) 

Is there anyway to ship our books for SS, I live in the area is there any lead on prices ??? for SS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,034 posts

Is there anyway to get prices for SS of Mark Bageily on Carnage books ???

I'm sure your going to get a rush with Carnage in the Venom movie...

I live in the area of this convention and admission is doable, but is there a way to ship them there? or are there any other arrangements that I need to know? or just show up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts
On 6/23/2017 at 3:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is there anyway to get prices for SS of Mark Bageily on Carnage books ???

I'm sure your going to get a rush with Carnage in the Venom movie...

I live in the area of this convention and admission is doable, but is there a way to ship them there? or are there any other arrangements that I need to know? or just show up?

CBCS will be at the event but CGC will not be. Genuine COA will be faciitating. You can contact them for info.

Yes, we anticipate a good turn out. We still have some line jumps left for Mark Bagley. If you are travelling any distance I would recommend securing yourself a position in line.

Edited by ComicBooksDallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Bob Camp, the famous Ren & Stimpy Show co-creator, heads to the North Texas Comic Book Show July 15th & 16th, 2017. Bob is an Emmy nominated artist and co-founder of the studio that created the Ren & Stimpy Show. He has done storyboard work, directing, supervising and voice for the program. Prior to Ren & Stimpy he worked on ThunderCats, Silverhawks, and TigerSharks for Rankin/Bass. He worked as a designer on the TV series The Real Ghostbusters and a storyboard artist on Tiny Toon Adventures. Bob also has a background in comics having worked for Marvel in the 1980's. Titles for Marvel include G.I. Joe, Conan The Barbarian, and The 'Nam. Most recently he has been working on SpongeBob SquarePants including on the 2015 SpongeBob Movie. Make it a Happy Happy Joy Joy day with a visit to meet Bob Camp at the North Texas Comic Book Show in July.

and

J. David Spurlock is an award-winning author, historian, educator, advocate for artists’ rights, documentary filmmaker and associate to star talents Frazetta, Basil Gogos, Neal Adams, Steranko, Joe Kubert, Carmine Infantino, Julius Schwartz, Wally Wood and many more. Spurlock's recent book How to Draw Chiller Monsters, for Random House, rose as high as #18 on the Bookspan best-seller list. Spurlock's IPPY Award-winning book, Alluring Art of Margaret Brundage, has been universally acclaimed including by MTV and by the Village Voice who proclaimed it one of The Best of 2013. In 2012, Spurlock was appointed Director of the Wallace Wood Estate. Wood is the Hugo Award recognized illustrator of Galaxy and Planet Stories as well as the comic-book Hall of Fame co-creator of MAD, Mars Attacks, Daredevil and Weird Science.

Vanguard NTX 2017.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1