• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

George Perez Rushed to Hospital

17 posts in this topic

He has always been one of my artist idols.  Hope he comes back healthier then ever.  Sounds like it was heart related.

51 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

He has always been one of my artist idols.  Hope he comes back healthier then ever.  Sounds like it was heart related.

+1

Sounds very similar to my mother's progression of diabetes; retinopathy, later on heart complications.

Very sad to hear and, of course, I hope he recovers soon.

One of the most significant artists ever to work in comics.

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

A quick update on George Pérez (posted with permission): He's doing great, feeling much better and is in good spirits! He thanks you all for your thoughts and well wishes.

Fantastic news.  Thanks for the update.

7 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

A quick update on George Pérez (posted with permission): He's doing great, feeling much better and is in good spirits! He thanks you all for your thoughts and well wishes.

Absolutely fantastic news!    +1 on him being an artist idol

I met him a few years ago at Motor City. He signed my Crisis on Infinite Earths TPB and was extremely nice and welcoming. I hope he comes back to Motor City as I'd love to get a signed print. One of my era's artists that rank pretty high for me. (Late 70's/early 80's.) Loved his Avengers and, more importantly for me, his New Teen Titans.