• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970s Marvel/DC Offices Footage
2 2

18 posts in this topic

Wow, great video! (thumbsu

A few bits of note:

@0:51 cosplay performers (haters gonna hate)

@4:27 "Namor, the subMARiner" hm^^

@4:50... zooms on Superman's crotch while narrator exclaims "Great balls of kryptonite!" LOL! :grin:

@4:55 Neal Adams BBS (before blue shirt)

@14:00 more cosplay... at a comic convention! Oh lawdy!

Very cool video, love the OA and laying out the stories.

Thanks for sharing.  I was interested in finding out more about  the guy holding those amazing OA pages,  Ed Summer,  and found this interesting article about him and his friendship with George Lucas.  Sadly he passed away in 2014.  

I also think this video may be from late summer 1976 as they mention Trevor Von Eeden to be a 17 year old kid in the video and he would have turned 17 on July 24, 1976.  Also the convention they refer to in New York was from July 2-6.

Anyway thanks again!

6 minutes ago, John R said:

It might be Jack C. Harris as he's listed as editor of Black Lightning in GCD.

yep

jack+c+harris.jpg

4 hours ago, jcjames said:

Wow, great video! (thumbsu

A few bits of note:

@0:51 cosplay performers (haters gonna hate)

@4:50... zooms on Superman's crotch while narrator exclaims "Great balls of kryptonite!" LOL! :grin:

@4:55 Neal Adams BBS (before blue shirt)

@14:00 more cosplay... at a comic convention! Oh lawdy!

Very cool video, love the OA and laying out the stories.

Thanks for sharing! It was fun to see how the collectors do in this comic convention with the clothes from the '70s. And look at these comic books spreading over top of boxes. I didn't think I'd see so many nice books and OA. That is bit before I enter ed my first comic book show back in late ' 70s. 

Jcjames, one difference about the cosplay performers is that they don't interrupt the fans in browsing around the booths. Cosplayers parade on floor while the fans watch them. The behaviour had changed since '70s,  I guess. But yes, you are right ... Comic cons of the '70s did had cosplayers as today's cons do. 

5 hours ago, NoMan said:

curious as to what this was produced for? Like the Motion Pictures Funny Weekly #1. Does the guy say it costs 7k?

I think it was for a Canadian documentary that aired way back then.

15 hours ago, jcjames said:

It's pronounced "Neigh-more", Willlllburrrr! 

mred.jpg