• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo ComicCon Report - April 2017
2 2

110 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Man, those isles are narrow. Not built for the average fan it seems.

lol

best show in buffalo by far in the past year......really less about funko pop stuff and filler tables, cassette tapes, toys etc and  with the exception of the chocolate candy table and all about books. A decent selection of $1 books and pricier books (there was a asm #1 at this show and unencapsulated at that. discounts for multiple purchases. You can keep the 3 and 4 day shows and leave me with shows like this 3-4x's per year and i'd be very happy indeed. Maybe a bit less on keys that you'd find in a wizard show or our version (dave and adams in a few weeks) but less well attended that this show. Emil from queen city comics really has a loyal following (as far as vendors are concerned) and really the only shows I have interest in attending in Buffalo.

This was kind of a fun show... Nowhere near what Nickel City Con or the larger Buffalo ComicCon will be, but well worth the visit for a Sunday afternoon. Good job by Emil and gang at Queen City Bookstore coordinating this. If only there were a few more CGC slabs to look through.....

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20170430_121220020.thumb.jpg.7690eeaa8473ec8db5bb58950958489f.jpg

I had a guy asking for that Gameboy comic on the top right at the Calgary Expo. Guess he went to the wrong convention.

On 5/1/2017 at 0:21 PM, letsgrumble said:
On 4/30/2017 at 9:46 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20170430_133041577.thumb.jpg.726c40ca41535107bc798560dbc9aa3f.jpg

Li'l letsgrumble.

While I didn't take any pics of the show, he did. May post some of his "work" later.

:busy:

On 2017-05-01 at 1:12 PM, Robot Man said:

Thanks for the photos. Liked the shot of the bar the best.

It was the least blurry.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:14 PM, Bird said:

I saw the Grateful Dead in Buffalo early 90s July 4th. Emptiest big town I have ever been in. Beautiful region of the country though.

Because Buffalo used to be one of the biggest cities in the country  and now has less than 1/2 the population of its peak in 1950. 

48 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
17 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Is that Bane a real guy?  Daaaaaamn!  Looks like a fun little show...the kind I wish were around where I live still.

Yea, that dude is huge.

Thought the same thing.

He has to be a professional body builder.

Average beach Joes aren't that big.

1 hour ago, the blob said:
On 2017-04-30 at 10:14 PM, Bird said:

I saw the Grateful Dead in Buffalo early 90s July 4th. Emptiest big town I have ever been in. Beautiful region of the country though.

Because Buffalo used to be one of the biggest cities in the country  and now has less than 1/2 the population of its peak in 1950. 

The Empire State.

Buffalo was probably glorious at it's peak.

I do like Buffalo though - there are some great neighborhoods to hang out in.

I think there is one called Allentown that I enjoyed more than once.

there is quite a rebirth in buffalo, I have lived in the WNY area for my whole life and with the purchase of the buffalo bills and sabres by the same owner Terry Pegula and his wife Kim. They have invested quite a bit of $$$ in the city particularly Canal Side, and Riverworks. Weather is superior in the summer to many areas of the country and winters are not that bad as our reputation has (used my snowblower 5x in the last 2 seasons). Close to the falls and we do have our version of a "major Comic Con" in mid may this year the Nickle City Con hosted by Dave and Adams (3 day show with William Shatner, Joe Montana as guests there) along with the Buffalo Comic con in Sept or Oct (2 days downtown).   I just prefer the smaller cons like the one Queen City books (Emil) put on this past weekend. But if you are looking for a cool place to visit you can do MUCH worse than My hometown.

20 hours ago, VintageComics said:
22 hours ago, the blob said:
On 4/30/2017 at 10:14 PM, Bird said:

The Empire State.

That sandwich you left in the car took out half of Buffalo :baiting:

7 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:
20 hours ago, VintageComics said:
22 hours ago, the blob said:
On 2017-04-30 at 10:14 PM, Bird said:

The Empire State.

That sandwich you left in the car took out half of Buffalo :baiting:

Ah yes, the classic Turkey Sandwich Con thread.

It's now ready to take on Godzilla.