• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 April 6-8 2018, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
3 3

149 posts in this topic

I hope this isn’t inappropriate...but I’ll be at C2E2 on Friday looking for a mid-ish graded ASM #1 golden record reprint.  If anyone setting up has one, please bring.  It would be great if you sent me a PM to notify with a booth number.

thanks in advance.  Have a great show everyone.

Sad I'm missing this Con but a family trip has me playing catch up.  Some really nice booths last year and I made some nice buys at Leroy's and Zapp's booths last year.  Tons of great cosplay and just a sea of booths to check out.  Have fun guys!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:53 AM, hordeall said:

I've never been before but might go up there for it.  Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestion or tip for someone like me that was just interested In seeing/buying comics and comic type stuff and didn't care about panels and extra stuff (anime/cosplay/games) as to what day I should go or does it not matter?

I usually go on Friday's. School is still in session and it is just less crowded. I take my son who loves all the whiz bang stuff while I look for comics.

It took me longer than I would have thought to find these, so posting here for others.

Below are the onsite grading prices for comics. Magazines are not eligible for onsite.

• Modern (>= 1975 and <= $200): $30
  • Economy (<= $400): $55
  • Standard (<= $1000): $90
  • Express (<= $3000): $140
  • Walk Thru (> $3000): varies

5 hours ago, manetteska said:

It took me longer than I would have thought to find these, so posting here for others.

Below are the onsite grading prices for comics. Magazines are not eligible for onsite.

• Modern (>= 1975 and <= $200): $30
  • Economy (<= $400): $55
  • Standard (<= $1000): $90
  • Express (<= $3000): $140
  • Walk Thru (> $3000): varies

I also called them and asked if they are doing reholders, and the person I talked to said yes. I hope that is correct.

42 minutes ago, CCComics said:

I also called them and asked if they are doing reholders, and the person I talked to said yes. I hope that is correct.

I don't believe that. Maybe, if they have enough holders leftover at the conclusion and you are very, very nice but I doubt it. 

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't believe that. Maybe, if they have enough holders leftover at the conclusion and you are very, very nice but I doubt it. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't, because I remember last time I did onsite, I heard them tell someone that they weren't doing it, which is why I called just to ask. Hopefully they will, I'll bring them a sandwich and a smile just in case they say no.

1 hour ago, CCComics said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't, because I remember last time I did onsite, I heard them tell someone that they weren't doing it, which is why I called just to ask. Hopefully they will, I'll bring them a sandwich and a smile just in case they say no.

From my understanding, the encapsulation process is the cog in the wheel, where the backlog starts. They can grade them much faster than they can encapsulate them. Maybe they are bringing more machines this time. I hope they do accommodate you and I like the idea of bringing them a sandwich. It's Chicago, getting stuff done requires a show of gratitude.

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Has anyone ever submitted a mini-comic for onsite grading? I know the larger magazines are not done onsite, but I'm not sure about the smaller books that require a special well to fit in the standard case.

7 hours ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

Snow tomorrow afternoon for set-up.  Can't tell you the last time I drove in Snow....maybe 20 years.  Should be an adventure.

You setting up?

8 hours ago, Ant-Man said:

Has anyone ever submitted a mini-comic for onsite grading? I know the larger magazines are not done onsite, but I'm not sure about the smaller books that require a special well to fit in the standard case.

The last year that CGC did on site grading at Wizard World Chicago, I had submitted a Wolverine mini comic at the show.  They had to take the comic upstairs (where the equipment was) to confirm that they would be able to help me out.  20 minutes later and I had my answer... YES!

Now, this was a few years back, and they've gone through a couple different changes to the encapsulation process since then.  I'm guessing it won't be a problem, but you'll likely just need to bring your mini comic to the booth and ask.  Good luck!