• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 April 6-8 2018, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
3 3

149 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

If I can, I will. My only complaint is the load out and they never filled the vending machines back up - I would have given $10 for a coke yesterday afternoon 

My first year at Heroes I think there was a 2 hour wait for load out.  People sent helpers to wait in line hours before closing but I was there by myself so it took forever to get out of there and I had a 4 hour drive up to my hotel for the night.

We did great at the booth this past weekend.  Our location wasn't too great though.  With a better placement, things could've gone even better.  A lot of dollar books were sold, with some people buying over 100 from me.  I've been depleted of most of our keys, and precode horror.  One surprise I didn't directly predict was the large interest in golden age, especially precode horror.  I brought a decent amount, and it still wasn't enough.

some notable sales:

stacks of precode horror

Tec 359

ASM 25,41,101, 194

Star Wars 1, 42

Rifleman 10

Silver Surfer 1

Teen Titans (SA) 1

Hawkman 4

New Gods 1

Ms Marvel 1

All Star Comics 58 (3 copies)

X-Men 266 (2 copies)

Teen Titans 2

Betty and Veronica 320

Shazam 28

KIlling Joke 1st print (2 copies)

Batman 386

Four Color 386

The Saint 4

Startling Terror 11

My favourite story from the show.  Walking down the aisles and I see a guy with a bunch of keys and most of them weren't priced stupidly but one stuck out to me.  Hulk #181 CGC 7.5 priced at $4,200.  We strike up a conversation and I mention that I think the #181 is priced wrong, and someone probably inverted the $4,200 when it should have been $2,400.  He says oh yeah you are right, I think that was my partner.  He grabs the post it note, and crumples it up.  Come walking by an hour later, and there is a new Post it note with a new $4,200 price tag...it was awesome.

Jim

I liked the Hulk 181 still in the inner well of a graded copy...no case just the book sealed in the inner well with a price of I think $3000.  Copy looked nice but um is it Restored? Qualified? Great selling strategy we should try out sometime.