C2E2 April 6-8 2018, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
4 4

150 posts in this topic

95 posts
23 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Figured I’d get my ticket in the mail by now :whistle:

I received our Saturday tickets in the mail on Monday of this week.

91 posts

I hope this isn’t inappropriate...but I’ll be at C2E2 on Friday looking for a mid-ish graded ASM #1 golden record reprint.  If anyone setting up has one, please bring.  It would be great if you sent me a PM to notify with a booth number.

thanks in advance.  Have a great show everyone.

25,872 posts

Sad I'm missing this Con but a family trip has me playing catch up.  Some really nice booths last year and I made some nice buys at Leroy's and Zapp's booths last year.  Tons of great cosplay and just a sea of booths to check out.  Have fun guys!

57,777 posts

Shipped books to hotel. Fly in tomorrow. We are setting up in the graham cracker row (not sure booth #)

stop by and say hi

445 posts
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:53 AM, hordeall said:

I've never been before but might go up there for it.  Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestion or tip for someone like me that was just interested In seeing/buying comics and comic type stuff and didn't care about panels and extra stuff (anime/cosplay/games) as to what day I should go or does it not matter?

I usually go on Friday's. School is still in session and it is just less crowded. I take my son who loves all the whiz bang stuff while I look for comics.

1,342 posts
2 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

Still have not received my badges ordered 7 February.O.o

Yep same here. My buddy ordered a week or so after me, he lives in the same area as me, and got his last week. I’ve accepted that I’ll be waiting in the will call line. 

3,929 posts

It took me longer than I would have thought to find these, so posting here for others.

Below are the onsite grading prices for comics. Magazines are not eligible for onsite.

• Modern (>= 1975 and <= $200): $30
  • Economy (<= $400): $55
  • Standard (<= $1000): $90
  • Express (<= $3000): $140
  • Walk Thru (> $3000): varies

413 posts
5 hours ago, manetteska said:

It took me longer than I would have thought to find these, so posting here for others.

Below are the onsite grading prices for comics. Magazines are not eligible for onsite.

• Modern (>= 1975 and <= $200): $30
  • Economy (<= $400): $55
  • Standard (<= $1000): $90
  • Express (<= $3000): $140
  • Walk Thru (> $3000): varies

I also called them and asked if they are doing reholders, and the person I talked to said yes. I hope that is correct.

11,641 posts
42 minutes ago, CCComics said:

I also called them and asked if they are doing reholders, and the person I talked to said yes. I hope that is correct.

I don't believe that. Maybe, if they have enough holders leftover at the conclusion and you are very, very nice but I doubt it. 

1,534 posts

I already filled out my onsite submission form and I was surprised to see that reholder was an option so maybe yes on reholder.

1,342 posts

I did my online submission and purchased a reholder and it seemed to work. I placed the order last Wednesday and they still haven’t charged me though.

413 posts
2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't believe that. Maybe, if they have enough holders leftover at the conclusion and you are very, very nice but I doubt it. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't, because I remember last time I did onsite, I heard them tell someone that they weren't doing it, which is why I called just to ask. Hopefully they will, I'll bring them a sandwich and a smile just in case they say no.

11,641 posts
1 hour ago, CCComics said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't, because I remember last time I did onsite, I heard them tell someone that they weren't doing it, which is why I called just to ask. Hopefully they will, I'll bring them a sandwich and a smile just in case they say no.

From my understanding, the encapsulation process is the cog in the wheel, where the backlog starts. They can grade them much faster than they can encapsulate them. Maybe they are bringing more machines this time. I hope they do accommodate you and I like the idea of bringing them a sandwich. It's Chicago, getting stuff done requires a show of gratitude.

Edited by Bomber-Bob

1,441 posts

Has anyone ever submitted a mini-comic for onsite grading? I know the larger magazines are not done onsite, but I'm not sure about the smaller books that require a special well to fit in the standard case.

15,263 posts

Snow tomorrow afternoon for set-up.  Can't tell you the last time I drove in Snow....maybe 20 years.  Should be an adventure.

57,777 posts
7 hours ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

Snow tomorrow afternoon for set-up.  Can't tell you the last time I drove in Snow....maybe 20 years.  Should be an adventure.

You setting up?

1,812 posts
8 hours ago, Ant-Man said:

Has anyone ever submitted a mini-comic for onsite grading? I know the larger magazines are not done onsite, but I'm not sure about the smaller books that require a special well to fit in the standard case.

The last year that CGC did on site grading at Wizard World Chicago, I had submitted a Wolverine mini comic at the show.  They had to take the comic upstairs (where the equipment was) to confirm that they would be able to help me out.  20 minutes later and I had my answer... YES!

Now, this was a few years back, and they've gone through a couple different changes to the encapsulation process since then.  I'm guessing it won't be a problem, but you'll likely just need to bring your mini comic to the booth and ask.  Good luck!