• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 April 6-8 2018, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
3 3

149 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Thanks to Bob Storms, I found a book I'd been looking for at a very reasonable price (plus a cool PCH bundled in).

I purchased a nice Cole book from Harley, a Baker from a smaller dealer, and a lot of great $1 purchases elsewhere.

All combined for my best C2E2 show yet. All depends on what you're looking for.

where's the pictures? we want pictures. :makepoint:

11 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes, I do remember that. Bad memory, we were so very disgusted. The only reason we knew about that collection was because of a Board announcement. The same situation happens all the time but only those 'in the know' find out about it. I thought I was immune, didn't bother me anymore, but this year seemed really bad. 

This show confirmed my growing suspicions about large shows in general: too few smaller dealers + too few "new collections" + too much buying competition + hassle and expense of travel = a sub par experience at best.  I was able to get a few nice books early on Friday from several smaller dealers before anyone else picked them clean, but I know that was the exception rather than the rule.  C2E2 was supposed to be this treasure trove of smaller dealers and fresh books, but it certainly wasn't the case this year.  Instead, we got to see feeding frenzies on inventory from established dealers like Dave Kapelka and Leroy Harper.  I'll still do Heroes and MegaCon since they are within a days drive of me, but I think I'll pass on Chicago, Baltimore and the like for the foreseeable future.  On the bright side, I enjoyed running into old friends and thought McCormick Place was a world class venue.  That, and the few deals I did score, made it palatable in the end.

48 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

There has been a Tupenny sighting at booth 1019. 

B7E0E6C4-6E59-431C-B2BD-92A84C33032F.jpeg

I think that's just the Tupenny 9000 life-size cardboard cutout, customized with the Security Shades and Kung-Fu grip Accessories Pack.

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

I don't have any show pictures; I can get together purchase pics if that's what looking for. 

well of course we don't want to see pics of weirdo's. ???

22 hours ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

This show confirmed my growing suspicions about large shows in general: too few smaller dealers + too few "new collections" + too much buying competition + hassle and expense of travel = a sub par experience at best.  I was able to get a few nice books early on Friday from several smaller dealers before anyone else picked them clean, but I know that was the exception rather than the rule.  C2E2 was supposed to be this treasure trove of smaller dealers and fresh books, but it certainly wasn't the case this year.  Instead, we got to see feeding frenzies on inventory from established dealers like Dave Kapelka and Leroy Harper.  I'll still do Heroes and MegaCon since they are within a days drive of me, but I think I'll pass on Chicago, Baltimore and the like for the foreseeable future.  On the bright side, I enjoyed running into old friends and thought McCormick Place was a world class venue.  That, and the few deals I did score, made it palatable in the end.

Someone told you C2E2 was good for small dealers?  What is it $2,000 for a booth?  Those big shows are great to see national dealer stock but I didn’t see many small dealers last year.  Baltimore has a few more small dealers but it’s not a cheap Con to set up at either. 

Edited by 1Cool