• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 April 6-8 2018, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
3 3

149 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me if it is possible that a friend picks up my books on Sunday?  Would I just give him the receipt or perhaps fill out something on the form "To be picked up by Joe Shmo"

If anyone has any advice on this - please let me know.

I will be dropping off some books either way....but I have a few that I would like to get done on site.

Thanks in advance.

Can any on-site veterans tell me realistically how early to show up Friday before the doors open so I don't get turned away for on-site grading?

I've already filled out my submission form online, but I'm assuming that's not a guarantee they'll get graded at the show.

Thanks! :hi:

13 hours ago, vintagetorque said:

Can anyone tell me if it is possible that a friend picks up my books on Sunday?  Would I just give him the receipt or perhaps fill out something on the form "To be picked up by Joe Shmo"

If anyone has any advice on this - please let me know.

I will be dropping off some books either way....but I have a few that I would like to get done on site.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can have someone else pick up your books, there is a space on the form where you can put their name. They must have ID when they pick up the books.

1 hour ago, BriD. said:

Can any on-site veterans tell me realistically how early to show up Friday before the doors open so I don't get turned away for on-site grading?

I've already filled out my submission form online, but I'm assuming that's not a guarantee they'll get graded at the show.

Thanks! :hi:

If you get there before noon you will have a shot. It all depends on how many subs they get today.

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I would think if you already filled out the online sub form that would guarantee you’ll get service...? As long as you show up Friday

I had to call customer service about something else so I asked about this. They said you're not guaranteed to get your books graded at the show if you filled out the form online. Gotta get there early!:ohnoez:

2 hours ago, BriD. said:

I had to call customer service about something else so I asked about this. They said you're not guaranteed to get your books graded at the show if you filled out the form online. Gotta get there early!:ohnoez:

Oh that’s probably why they haven’t charged me yet. I’ll be by 1030 so I should be okay.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:37 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I would think if you already filled out the online sub form that would guarantee you’ll get service...? As long as you show up Friday

I was there on Thursday and CGC was already accepting submissions. All the dealers were submitting their quotas. It was very busy.

Just now, DR.X said:

did you pick up anything? what was their quotas. 200 books or 2000?

I think CGC now limits the number of onsite submissions from any one individual. Don't know the number but I may have heard 50 ? I didn't pick up much at all. Most of the dealers have their inventory covered up. Others were picked clean by the time I got there. I tried to follow Roy around and pick up some of his crumbs. Actually Greg Reece was very accommodating and let everyone into his booth while they were still stickering a new collection he just brought to market. Got some nice 10 centers from him otherwise it was a bust for me. I went to the Windy City Pulp convention in LOmbard today and had a much better time. Reminds of an old time comic show.

5 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Others were picked clean by the time I got there.

lol. like it always is. like the big new to market pre hero collection that one year remember. its was gone by the time the doors open and was being repriced at double or triple.

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

lol. like it always is. like the big new to market pre hero collection that one year remember. its was gone by the time the doors open and was being repriced at double or triple.

Yes, I do remember that. Bad memory, we were so very disgusted. The only reason we knew about that collection was because of a Board announcement. The same situation happens all the time but only those 'in the know' find out about it. I thought I was immune, didn't bother me anymore, but this year seemed really bad. 

I got there late around 1130 because of all the road construction coming in then all the traffic which is to be expected. Then trying to park by our hotel downtown (my first time staying downtown so this was definitely a learning experience for me and will not do it again) so I was in a bad mood already...got to the show and the lines super long... by then I didn’t care to submit so I said :censored: it. Line wasn’t moving at all. People were holding short boxes full of books. Yikes. I had 5. Oh well. Walked the show for a bit. Then my buddy got sick and we had to go back to the hotel. Not a smooth first day at all but I’ll give it another shot Saturday. 

Thanks to Bob Storms, I found a book I'd been looking for at a very reasonable price (plus a cool PCH bundled in).

I purchased a nice Cole book from Harley, a Baker from a smaller dealer, and a lot of great $1 purchases elsewhere.

All combined for my best C2E2 show yet. All depends on what you're looking for.