• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Warren Pubs Key/Scarce "Hit List"
5 5

232 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, N e r V said:

How do you or anyone else for that matter feel about Eerie #23? I still haven’t upgraded to a copy in the 8.0 to 9.0 range which I want to do because it’s easily one of my favourite Warren covers but I just don’t see them offered very often. I can find Eerie #17 or Vampi #3 several times over in those grades before ever seeing a #23 in 7.5 or above. 

I’m guessing it’s not scarce just super popular to collectors.

I sorry to report that I just sold an Eerie #23 in CGC 9.0 a couple of weeks ago. It sold quickly, and I wish I had a few more copies like that lying around. It's a tough book to keep in stock because of that classic Frazetta cover...   :(

Edited by The Lions Den
Edited response

I just missed a CGC 9.0 at auction. It’s still under $200.00 for a copy in a slab so it’s not exactly price prohibitive yet. Magazine values still inch slowly upwards in relation to comics values.

8 hours ago, N e r V said:

I just missed a CGC 9.0 at auction. It’s still under $200.00 for a copy in a slab so it’s not exactly price prohibitive yet. Magazine values still inch slowly upwards in relation to comics values.

I'm so sorry that you didn't win...hopefully another one will come up for sale soon...:sorry:

I have several Eerie, Creepy, Vampirellas, and one strange magazine where it looks like Warren is receiving an award on the cover, couldn't figure it out, I'll post a picture.  I did stick a Heidi on Comiclink that's still in auction as of May 10th, its a 9.0 cgc, but it's got me worried that I stuck it on the wrong venue to sell.  But, I'll get my Warren's out and see if anything else shows up on the rare list. 

On 5/16/2018 at 5:07 PM, Stemocro said:

I have several Eerie, Creepy, Vampirellas, and one strange magazine where it looks like Warren is receiving an award on the cover, couldn't figure it out, I'll post a picture.  I did stick a Heidi on Comiclink that's still in auction as of May 10th, its a 9.0 cgc, but it's got me worried that I stuck it on the wrong venue to sell.  But, I'll get my Warren's out and see if anything else shows up on the rare list. 

Hope you Heidi bring decent money?

On 5/16/2018 at 2:07 PM, Stemocro said:

It went cheap. I only paid $50.00 less for my cgc 8.0 than your 9.0. Don’t know what the winners top bid would have been but had I not been at work and had several other bids going on at the same time I would have made a run at it at that price and at least pushed the price up another $100.00 or so. 

lol was looking for a list of rare warrens and am working on eerie, creepy and vampi runs but am not worried about HG though i do have a few that are 8.0-9.4

and then i have this book and it sucks bc the dealer had issue 1 in the same condition (both raw) from the same OO and i missed it by 10min's and it still haunts me

Vampirella 2.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dark Prime 0 said:

lol was looking for a list of rare warrens and am working on eerie, creepy and vampi runs but am not worried about HG though i do have a few that are 8.0-9.4

and then i have this book and it sucks bc the dealer had issue 1 in the same condition (both raw) from the same OO and i missed it by 10min's and it still haunts me

Vampirella 2.jpeg

That is a stunner.:applause:

Updated.

My list so far. Subjective for sure. I'm looking for opinions to add anything else. Call out any book not on here and why I might be interested in adding it. This is my current "goal" with key/scarce Warren books. I do have some of these already.

After Hours #1 (1957/1st Warren Publication)

Best of creepy paperback (1971)- novelty interest

Blazing Combat #1 (1965)-scarce, key

Blazing Combat Anthology (1978)-scarce?

Creepy #1 (1964)- key*

Creepy #32-scarce*

Dracula special (1972)- UK reprints, general interest,not sure if it's scarce*

Eerie #1 ashcan (1st printing)-rare

Eerie #1 ashcan (2nd printing)-rare*

Eerie Tales #1 (1959)*

Eerie #2-key*

Eerie #17-scarce*

Eerie #23-classic cover*

Famous Monsters #1-key

Famous Monsters #26-Outer Limits, seems to be harder to find?

Heidi Saha (1973)-rare*

House of Horror (1978)-rare

Spacemen Yearbook (1965)-novelty interest but less common in grade?

Vampirella #1-key*

Vampirella #3-scarce*

Vampirella Annual #1-key?

Vampirella Special (softcover)-scare? *

Vampirella Special (hardcover)-rare

Vampirella paperbacks (6 different)-novelty interest, scarcer in grade? *

Weird Mysteries #1 (1959)

So this is my "hit list". Care to offer suggestions?

*= Got at least one copy in some condition.

These two recently...

C1E96EE4-2B28-43CC-AD89-28B3032D1F88.jpeg.63c612ac21f550e142f3fb07914813bd.jpeg

67BDCBEF-8F71-486E-A9A1-00583591F644.jpeg.213816e2c0a10affc97302c51eb5f192.jpeg

4 hours ago, N e r V said:

Updated.

My list so far. Subjective for sure. I'm looking for opinions to add anything else. Call out any book not on here and why I might be interested in adding it. This is my current "goal" with key/scarce Warren books. I do have some of these already.

After Hours #1 (1957/1st Warren Publication)

Best of creepy paperback (1971)- novelty interest

Blazing Combat #1 (1965)-scarce, key

Blazing Combat Anthology (1978)-scarce?

Creepy #1 (1964)- key*

Creepy #32-scarce*

Dracula special (1972)- UK reprints, general interest,not sure if it's scarce*

Eerie #1 ashcan (1st printing)-rare

Eerie #1 ashcan (2nd printing)-rare*

Eerie Tales #1 (1959)*

Eerie #2-key*

Eerie #17-scarce*

Eerie #23-classic cover*

Famous Monsters #1-key

Famous Monsters #26-Outer Limits, seems to be harder to find?

Heidi Saha (1973)-rare*

House of Horror (1978)-rare

Spacemen Yearbook (1965)-novelty interest but less common in grade?

Vampirella #1-key*

Vampirella #3-scarce*

Vampirella Annual #1-key?

Vampirella Special (softcover)-scare? *

Vampirella Special (hardcover)-rare

Vampirella paperbacks (6 different)-novelty interest, scarcer in grade? *

Weird Mysteries #1 (1959)

So this is my "hit list". Care to offer suggestions?

*= Got at least one copy in some condition.

These two recently...

C1E96EE4-2B28-43CC-AD89-28B3032D1F88.jpeg.63c612ac21f550e142f3fb07914813bd.jpeg

67BDCBEF-8F71-486E-A9A1-00583591F644.jpeg.213816e2c0a10affc97302c51eb5f192.jpeg

Very nice indeed.(worship)