• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Warren Pubs Key/Scarce "Hit List"
5 5

232 posts in this topic

Check out this 3-minute trailer, just uploaded on YouTube.  Looks like they're going to release a new chapter video in November 2020 on the "days and nights of [Vampirella artist] Pepe Gonzalez," and it seems that this chapter is going to focus on the models photographed by Enrich Torres that inspired his out-of-this-world Vampirella cover paintings.  The old woman driving the car and walking into the cave is the model that inspired Pepe Gonzalez to pencil the classic cover for Vampi #19 47 years ago, which Enrich completed.

Edited by zosocane

16 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yes, yes you do. Some of us continually check on this thread. Just saying......😒

After a quick glance I’d add more to it beyond Warren pubs. and have acquired some since then and surprisingly some remain holes. I think my comic, art, toys, cards, Hot Wheels, Tv Guides, Pulps, etc., etc. collections keep getting in my way of collecting magazines! O.o

If my girlfriend had her way I’d have a collection of louis vuitton and Prada purses too...:facepalm:

Latest 'extended-trailer' for LoveStrip #6, the "days and nights of [Vampirella artist] Pepe Gonzalez," all in Spanish.  This is clearly a labor of love.  If you go to 3:11 of the clip, the voice-over is saying there were 5 live models used by Enrich for his Vampirella cover paintings.  According to the producer's web site, this episode #6 will be released March 2021.

Edited by zosocane

On 6/16/2018 at 4:50 PM, N e r V said:

Yes sir. The Vampi #3 was an impulse buy. I have 6 dogs at home now so no way I wasn’t going to buy something from Solar Boy.

The Vampi special was a bit lower grade than I was looking at but white pages and great price were hard to beat.

I am surprised Vampi 3 is supposed to be hard to find. For years the magazines had ads in them to buy back issues. I was just looking at Vampi 30something and there was an ad, you could buy # 1 for $4.00 I believe and #2 and #3 for $3? As well as everything else. But maybe when you ordered #3 they'd tell you they were out of stock? There are about as many of 2 as 3 for sale right now. But I guess the Bode cover created a lot of cross over appeal.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I am surprised Vampi 3 is supposed to be hard to find. For years the magazines had ads in them to buy back issues. I was just looking at Vampi 30something and there was an ad, you could buy # 1 for $4.00 I believe and #2 and #3 for $3? As well as everything else. But maybe when you ordered #3 they'd tell you they were out of stock? There are about as many of 2 as 3 for sale right now. But I guess the Bode cover created a lot of cross over appeal.

It did bode well having him do the cover...:nyah:

(that’s a depressing post to read now. I lost 3 of those 6 dogs since then. One in 2018, another in 2019 and last one in 2020. Hopefully Solar Boy still has his)...

Edited by N e r V