• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

Cool book!

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Only ONE on the census, and at 9.2 probably the Church copy

yup

DatewithJudy25.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

1 hour ago, circumstances said:

Well, I missed the exact anniversary of starting this thread, but better late than never.

This may not be the best Hitler cover, but it has been the most difficult to find (for me).

I've had pretty much all the golden age Harvey superhero books over the years, but I have never even actually seen this one in person.

That's why I bought it when I had the chance.

Heritage has sold two raw copies (one good, one fair/good) in its history. The CGC census lists 5 universal copies. One 9.6 (the Mile High, sold by CC in 2012 for $7,000), 2 at 5.0, 1 at 4.5, 1 at 1.5.

So this original owner copy might be the second highest if I sent it in.

Just something about the Kirby Captain Freedom (and Hitler) cover. Always wanted one.

et5k5m9b6tbuf457g.jpg

:golfclap:Congrats! Incredible pick up. Most of the Speeds around this era (film reel side bar covers and other Harveys with them )are really tough books! There is one issue in particular that is one of my three white whales (a of which copy was in the Berk auction, but it was restored and it's a book i want in unrestored condition so i passed). Some of S&K'S best GA covers are in the run, and this one is a BEAST! (worship)

5 minutes ago, sagii said:

:golfclap:Congrats! Incredible pick up. Most of the Speeds around this era (film reel side bar covers and other Harveys with them )are really tough books! There is one issue in particular that is one of my three white whales (a of which copy was in the Berk auction, but it was restored and it's a book i want in unrestored condition so i passed). Some of S&K'S best GA covers are in the run, and this one is a BEAST! (worship)

Thanks! Good to know I wasn't the only one it was eluding.

11 hours ago, circumstances said:

Well, I missed the exact anniversary of starting this thread, but better late than never.

This may not be the best Hitler cover, but it has been the most difficult to find (for me).

I've had pretty much all the golden age Harvey superhero books over the years, but I have never even actually seen this one in person.

That's why I bought it when I had the chance.

Heritage has sold two raw copies (one good, one fair/good) in its history. The CGC census lists 5 universal copies. One 9.6 (the Mile High, sold by CC in 2012 for $7,000), 2 at 5.0, 1 at 4.5, 1 at 1.5.

So this original owner copy might be the second highest if I sent it in.

Just something about the Kirby Captain Freedom (and Hitler) cover. Always wanted one.

et5k5m9b6tbuf457g.jpg

Very nice!  I've never seen one in the flesh, either.  I would wager that the Church copy would sell for much more today.

12 hours ago, Microbia said:

Only seven, highest 9.2.

BF183B26-110D-400C-B0D7-161616729652.jpeg

I don't know why this book doesn't have a classic cover notation. Certainly one of the best and most iconic Sheena covers.