• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2018 at 10:36 PM, Hudson said:

This is probably "cheating", but there are ZERO of these on the census.  I have been told that CGC will not grade them (and I believe there are only 4 in existence).  Took me a long time to find this one and actually have a "boardie" to thank for telling me when it came up to auction (knowing I was looking for it).  One of the reasons I love the boards; great people looking to help each other and asking nothing in return.

5ae13a51d5e6d_IfTheDevilWouldTalkBW.thumb.jpg.03afb1e1528c24c2cce3de3ba015fded.jpg

and than there were two....

Devil ASHCAN.jpg

2 minutes ago, sagii said:

Get this one in just at the wire: 10 graded copies (7 universal). Highest graded is a 7.5

Keen Detective Funnies #21.jpg

Nice!  I'm surprised there are even 10 copies on the census.  You don't see this issue very often. 

On 5/31/2018 at 10:31 PM, Microbia said:

If no one posted this one yet... six on census (range 1.5 to 8.0). One of Baker’s few bondage covers. 

22C2B1F9-1B6B-4C7F-AE11-B4C130498534.jpeg

The Baker issues of Giant Comics Editions are all pretty tough.  GCE 12, of course, is the most desirable of the lot, but that's a nice copy of GCE 5. 

Here's my copy. 

lf-46_zps4d9f316c.JPEG

17 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Pre-Hero DC doesn't exactly top the current popularity list, but this book completes for me the pre-Superman tryout issues (MF 14, 15, 16) which are historically quite significant to the hobby in my opinion.

There are 8 copies on the Census, I am very pleased to find one that presents so well (despite some spine flaws not seen in the image). :banana:

MF16WW.jpg

I've always wanted those three issues!:golfclap:

52 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Pre-Hero DC doesn't exactly top the current popularity list, but this book completes for me the pre-Superman tryout issues (MF 14, 15, 16) which are historically quite significant to the hobby in my opinion.

There are 8 copies on the Census, I am very pleased to find one that presents so well (despite some spine flaws not seen in the image). :banana:

MF16WW.jpg

Cool!

Could almost be Centaur cover :baiting:

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

MF16WW.jpg

Wow, great get Steve.  I know you've been looking for a nice copy of this book and this one's a doozy!

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

MF16WW.jpg

Sweet book Steve!!! I like pre hero DC books!!! Maybe someone should start a thread …. hm