• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2018 at 11:25 AM, Junkdrawer said:

The Texan #3

cover by Bob Lubbers

This series ran from issue #1 thru #15 and there books graded for every issue of the run on the census, but there has yet to be a copy of #3 to be slabbed. So this is a “zero copies graded” book. It seems odd because it’s a neat woman in peril cover about to be tomahawked. This copy boasts a well placed date stamp as well. It was my last purchase of the weekend at Baltimore Comicon. Yes this book sat on a wall in front of thousands and I scored it as the guy was packing to go home.

109FA36A-4378-4E0C-BAA0-352E04713D9A.jpeg

Teach him to turn his back on his customers! :insane:

Every time I come on this one in the box, I think that I gotta upgrade it.  Finally got around to checking the census on it, and it turns out there are only two copies:  This one and a 7.0.  Would seem to make it one of the scarcest anti-Communist books.  But I don't know whether it actually is or whether people haven't been interested enough in it to bother slabbing the raw copies that may be out there. 

1109592012a_zps15088d12.JPG

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I thought replacing staples resulted in a Conserved label, not a Qualified label? hm

I can't figure out what they do anymore. I wish they would ask before giving books green labels. 

2 minutes ago, sagii said:
6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Nine copies of these on the census.  Definitely in need of an upgrade.

blu4.416a.jpg

:applause:A Gerber No-Show.....

The contents of Blue Bolt took more twists and turns than just about any other GA title I can think of. 

On 10/24/2018 at 7:44 PM, Sqeggs said:

Five copies of this one on the census.  Some of these S&S covers are really good. Anyone know who this cover artist was?

sup12.261a.jpg

I don't know the artist, but the Super Magician stories were not bad, I used to have most of them...I think I sold them here about what I paid for them or less, an average of $45 each (which is probably why so few were slabbed;)