• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Brave & Bold 44.  You have very refined taste for one so young!

B&B 44.png

Why thank you! I sincerely appreciate it! I am turned 22 last October and it was one of the best gifts I have ever received! And yes it is Brave and the Bold #44! It's in 2.5/3.0 condition I have it in a UV protected frame! Along with Mystery in Space #64, Strange Adventure #150 and fighting forces #43! 

PXL_20210330_032200814.jpg

Five in the census-for American copies,this is a Canadian,and couldn't find it.

Anyways,I think the stamp is my favourite part! Pretty too,I really should get the scanner booted darkly

162069353_271955011124687_92193484909206

12 for the American version,this is a Canadian.Maybe I'm not looking right but I can't find any

A bit battered but mine

162163395_2894814420765264_8585547256413

Same numbers as above,but Canadian again.Nice little offset to this beater

Colours are nice lol 

163695783_437742093996583_92141514751199hm

Hmmmmm,seems like the Avon people called eh? Hahaha!

12 hours ago, Matthew Kyle Brasile said:

Little late but better late then never! Zip Comics #45 from 1945! (The star means it went overseas to a soldier) There is 6 on the census and I have never seen another copy out in the wild! My girlfriend managed to get me this book (and the America's Best Comics #16) in the back! For both a really good deal! One did sell on ebay that was a 1.0 (Light tan-off white pages) for $215... I graded this a save 3.0/3.5 with Cream-White pages. It's going to CGC soon and become number 7! Along with the rest of the books in this photo! I get what I can get with a college budget

Screenshot_20210329-230556.thumb.png.e84b2eddc4a0f503abe76dec659f60db.png

Welcome to the thread!

11 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Five in the census-for American copies,this is a Canadian,and couldn't find it.

Anyways,I think the stamp is my favourite part! Pretty too,I really should get the scanner booted darkly

162069353_271955011124687_92193484909206

Love the placement of the date stamp

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

Love the placement of the date stamp

Thanks!I'm a big fan of date stamps,for the most part,seen some awfulness-that sort of endears me to them anyways lol

I wish my kid sis loved comics,but war's not her thang.I bonus for me that it's her birthday lol 

Anyone ever sees a March 20-holla at a porcupine!

On 1/29/2021 at 1:14 PM, fifties said:

I have this one for auction right now on The Bay;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224329542446

There are currently none on the CGC census.

On 1/31/2021 at 7:29 AM, ft88 said:

Jo-Joy Giveaway 1945 - none graded

Well, if you guys are into GA comics with zero copies graded to date, there's this little absolute beauty of a book that I saw in another thread here:  :cloud9:

PrizeWest88.jpg

I guess now it's just a matter of trying to convince @adamstrange to sell it to one of us here and preferably only to me, myself, and I.  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you guys are into GA comics with zero copies graded to date, there's this little absolute beauty of a book that I saw in another thread here:  :cloud9:

PrizeWest88.jpg

I guess now it's just a matter of trying to convince @adamstrange to sell it to one of us here and preferably only to me, myself, and I.  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

love the severin, but i would expect many 1950s westerns to be non-represented in the census!

5 minutes ago, circumstances said:

love the severin, but i would expect many 1950s westerns to be non-represented in the census!

I absolutely love the variation of colors on this cover here and since green is my favorite color, it definitely doesn't hurt with this cover here.  :luhv:

19 hours ago, circumstances said:

Do you think this is due to the perception that they might be in low demand in today's super-hero focused marketplace, perceived low dollar value, hard to find in high grade condition to make it worthwhile to slab, or some combination of all 3, or some other factor?  hm  (shrug)

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Do you think this is due to the perception that they might be in low demand in today's super-hero focused marketplace, perceived low dollar value, hard to find in high grade condition to make it worthwhile to slab, or some combination of all 3, or some other factor?  hm  (shrug)

all of the above.

probably:

1) relatively little demand

2) relatively low value

101) existing very high grade copies

17 minutes ago, circumstances said:

101) existing very high grade copies

I would assume you probably meant the LACK of very many exisitng HG copies here, because with today's label centric focused collectos, I assume any high grade books, especially ones from as far back as the 40's and 50's would be more than worthwhile to slab in today's hyper red hot marketplace?  hm

Edited by lou_fine