• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

Just now, lou_fine said:

I would assume you probably meant LACK of very many exisitng HG copies here, because with today's label centric focused collectos, I assume any high grade books, especially ones from as far back as the 40's and 50's would be more than worthwhile to slab in today's hyer red hot marketplace?  hm

absolutely. the likely paucity of very high grade examples.

On 3/20/2021 at 7:12 AM, sagii said:
On 3/20/2021 at 6:25 AM, circumstances said:

I've been neglecting contributing my Mail Calls to the thread!

Crackajack Funnies #29, Dell, November, 1940.

Al McWilliams WWII cover.

5 copies on the census.

20210113_120515_resized.jpg

Expand  

:applause:Great early gold stuff

For all of you either Crackajack Funnies or Less Than 10 Slabbed Copies aficionados on these boards here, some good news for you then!!! :applause:

Was going through the big CC Event Auction and happen to notice a small, but nice HG sampling of Crackajack Funnies, case in point here:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/820379

cra2.219.jpg

Hard to beat a nice HG copy of Crackajack 26 featuring the second appearance of the Owl with these vibrant colors and also the second highest graded copy out of the total of only 6 that has been slabbed to date so far.  Not much chance of getting the CGC 9.6 graded copy because that's the Church copy and that one there is definitely not coming to market anytime soon, as it's been locked up in a personal collection ever since its sale way back in 2003.   :cloud9:

So this is probably going to be the best you are going to get in a long while, and no idea where it's going to finish up at, but definitely hard to beat the current price of only a big whopping $26 for now.   Ok, my bad here as it looks like there are other single highest graded copies of this Crackajack run (with even fewer copies slabbed in total) that's going for even lower price points for now than this "go to your banker for a 2nd mortage" amount of only $26.  :whatthe:   :screwy:

I guess it's either because bidders are refusing to participate in this Event Auction because of the 15% BP on the Kentucky Collection portion of this auction, or is there going to be the usual run up on the last day?   Especially since the Crackajack Funnies run have been going for either big premuins or even mutiples to condition guide in the recent Heritage and just completed CL auctions.  hm  (shrug)  :popcorn:

On 4/9/2021 at 2:40 PM, circumstances said:

absolutely. the likely paucity of very high grade examples.

Oh, come on now............you actually made me Google up that word to see what it meant, although I had already guess it correctly.  lol  (thumbsu

It means a city of cats.

Edited by sfcityduck

4 hours ago, sfcityduck said:
  On 4/9/2021 at 2:40 PM, circumstances said:

On 4/9/2021 at 2:40 PM, circumstances said:

absolutely. the likely paucity of very high grade examples.

Oh, come on now............you actually made me Google up that word to see what it meant, although I had already guess it correctly.  lol  (thumbsu

Expand  

It means a city of cats.

Hmm, I don't know about that one .....

Maybe it's time for a catnap.

(or a ducknap)

;)

:foryou:

Was watching parts of the last night of the CC Event Auction and noticed they had a near complete run of Jungle Comics with the majority of the later issues having less than 10 slabbed copies to date, with this one here being a perfect example:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/901414

jun1.1813.jpg

Stunning array of eye-popping colors on this action packed jungle bondage cover and looks like a steal of a deal with only a measly 4 unrestored copies graded to date after two whole decades of slabbing. (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Was watching parts of the last night of the CC Event Auction and noticed they had a near complete run of Jungle Comics with the majority of the later issues having less than 10 slabbed copies to date, with this one here being a perfect example:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/901414

jun1.1813.jpg

Stunning array of eye-popping colors on this action packed jungle bondage cover and looks like a steal of a deal with only a measly 4 unrestored copies graded to date after two whole decades of slabbing. (thumbsu

Yup, definitely a good deal there.

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Yup, definitely a good deal there.

That's life as sometimes it just tends to throw a hard curve ball your way and you simply have to MANNUP and make the tough and challenging hair raising choice.  :devil:  :pullhair:

Perfect example being this case right here.  Now, do you choose what must be an obvious no-demand book like Jungle 160 with already a whopping total of 4 copies slabbed to date and fork over your hard earned $105 for it?  Or do you save up all of your nickels and dimes until you gather $44,000 worth for what must be a HTF in-demand book like Transformers 1 that has only 3,300 plus copies slabbed to date so far and clearly not enough to satisfy the FOMO driven demand for this book if the marketplace is willing to pay this kind of money for the book?  (:  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine