• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

Speaking of CLink, was very happy to win this one a hair below guide.  Stuntman 3 is the rarest of S&K books, but these Bulls Eyes are very tough. Kind of surprising. Given the high regard 1960s fandom had for S&K, you would have thought these issues would have been tracked down and entered collections.  I guess the print runs were just very low.   

01732970855000110328673025.jpg

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Speaking of CLink, was very happy to win this one a hair below guide.  Stuntman 3 is the rarest of S&K books, but these Bulls Eyes are very tough. Kind of surprising. Given the high regard 1960s fandom had for S&K, you would have thought these issues would have been tracked down and entered collections.  I guess the print runs were just very low.   

01732970855000110328673025.jpg

That's a pretty 5.5 and definitely a tough book to find.  Nice pickup!

The #5 also only has 3 on the census.  Here's my copy:

Bullseye 5.jpg

58 minutes ago, CrocHntr said:

That's a pretty 5.5 and definitely a tough book to find.  Nice pickup!

The #5 also only has 3 on the census.  Here's my copy:

Bullseye 5.jpg

I finally tracked down a copy of that one.  At least there's a couple of us who appreciate these!

Matt Baker covers, early issues of Detective, classic Atlas horror covers, Fox issues that now command many multiples of Guide, classic MLJ, Lou Fine covers, Centaurs...all . What do you consider to be a "good" comic book?

On 5/2/2017 at 8:15 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Here is a book with a great deal of interest and only 8 copies on the census. So many of these St John Baker books seem very tough.

fc.jpg

Here's a real piece of garbage.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:30 AM, jason327 said:

More Fun Comics #31.  First appearance of Superman.  Pre-dates Action #1.  Full-page B&W Action 1 cover in interior.  Registry Date pre-dates all other pre-Action ad-appearances.

In official court filings, DC claims that MF 31 is the first appearance of Superman.

Under 10 copies only because guys haven't bothered to submit them.  Gerber 6 if I recall...7 at most.  IMO one of the most underrated comics.  I haven't been paying close attention, but a few years ago I saw a low-grade copy sell for less than $1000.  If I was a newbie who wanted to own a cool comic, this is the one....

mor1.349a.jpg

What makes this so much better than the other books in this thread?

No, some fool posted that the reason these books aren't in the census is because no one bothers to slab them because they suck. I gave him some examples of the supposed that no one wants to slab. 

But the original post went poof.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, Larryw7 said:

No, some fool posted that the reason these books aren't in the census is because no one bothers to slab them because they suck. 

Glad the Mods intervened, the poster is an antagonistic troll (formerly the 'BigMoov' on the Boards or something like that) who extolls his own books at the harsh expense of others.

Best to just ignore him.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, Larryw7 said:

No, some fool posted that the reason these books aren't in the census is because no one bothers to slab them because they suck. I gave him some examples of the supposed that no one wants to slab. 

But the original post went poof.

Pretty sure that's the explanation for the Fight Comics issue 72 I have, and posted above,  being the only one on the census. lol. It's cool though as I like it regardless.

Edited by oceans11