• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

Great Lover Romance #10 (Rita Hayworth John Ford cover) and #12 (Headlight cover -reworked splash from #10). No copies on the census of either issue. Only issue no.1 of the run has representation on the census.

Great Lover Romances #12.jpg

Great Lover Romances #10.jpg

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Great Lover Romance #10 (Rita Hayworth John Ford cover) and #12 (Headlight cover -reworked splash from #10). No copies on the census of either issue. Only issue no.1 of the run has representation on the census.

These are great Corey.  That is a heck of a kiss on the #12.

And btw, it's Glenn Ford not John on the #10.  At 53 years old, I remember him from many westerns and one of my favorite Twilight Zones as a ventriloquist (with a twist of course) and you're just a youngster but there is a John Ford too,

1 hour ago, telerites said:

And btw, it's Glenn Ford not John on the #10.  At 53 years old, I remember him from many westerns and one of my favorite Twilight Zones as a ventriloquist (with a twist of course) and you're just a youngster but there is a John Ford too,

I changed it in the Romance post but forgot to edit it in this Thread. (: Thanks buddy! 

3 hours ago, telerites said:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the episode with Cliff Robertson? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734636/

Scared the pants off me when I saw it in reruns as a kid. It's still pretty spooky. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the episode with Cliff Robertson? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734636/

Scared the pants off me when I saw it in reruns as a kid. It's still pretty spooky. 

lol Here i go correcting Corey and I cite the wrong actor.  Yes, it Cliff Robertson.  Good lord, I am such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person in case folks didn't already know.

Sorry Corey.

4 hours ago, telerites said:

lol Here i go correcting Corey and I cite the wrong actor.  Yes, it Cliff Robertson.  Good lord, I am such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person in case folks didn't already know.

Sorry Corey.

Nah, you're just like me in getting :preach:

5 hours ago, telerites said:

Sorry Corey.

No Prob! It kept gnawing at me after i posted it and it hit me, i posted the wrong name. I changed it in the Romance Thread shortly after but forgot i posted the wrong name in this thread too. It's all very funny actually. Now we just have to wait for @Sqeggs to get an actors name wrong and pounce :banana:

9 hours ago, walclark said:
20 hours ago, sagii said:

Now we just have to wait for @Sqeggs to get an actors name wrong and pounce :banana:

I believe I once heard Sqeggs mention that he thought Tom Hanks was brilliant as Batman.

Um, I meant he was brilliant as Robin. :insane:

16 hours ago, walclark said:

Picked up this consolation prize  in the May Heritage auction.  Surprised that there are only 2 on the census.  I love the cover concept of the hot foot for the Japanese soldier, but the artwork seems a bit weak.

88058758_Feature56.jpg.45b55c0549e6c083a1a8f2408263dcee.jpg

You have no idea how long Doll Man had to search before he finally found a barefoot Japanese soldier. 

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You have no idea how long Doll Man had to search before he finally found a barefoot Japanese soldier. 

AND to find a soldier with no feeling in his big toe.  I would think having a matchstick shoved under your toenail might be somewhat uncomfortable and alert the soldier that something was afoot.  Get it?  Afoot.

Thank you.  Be sure to tip your waitress.

On 4/8/2018 at 4:40 AM, ThothAmon said:

Crime Clinic 11. Super rare ZIFF-Davis. 2 on census 6.0 highest graded. 

C3A995B0-492E-405A-B61D-37DAA04CFEFE.jpeg

83722330-4F8C-4438-9EEF-BEEE66B5BE73.jpeg

This is the first GA comic I ever owned.  I was 11 when my dad gave it to me.  Traded it to Rogofsky for an X-men 3 in 1964.  I've been trying to find a cheap raw copy for years.