• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, circumstances said:

New acquisition. The Nedor kick continues! Thrilling Comics #32, January, 1943.

8 copies on the census, all universal.

s-l1600.png

Nice one! And strangely enough, one i have not really paid attention to until now. Congrats!

(...but i thought you didn't collect anymore :baiting: ) :wink:

3 hours ago, sagii said:

Nice one! And strangely enough, one i have not really paid attention to until now. Congrats!

(...but i thought you didn't collect anymore :baiting: ) :wink:

Ha! I stopped actively collecting about 30 years ago. But I kept the majority of my good stuff. I didn't buy any comics until about ten years ago. I stumbled across a pretty nice silver age collection, and I bought it. Since then I have been buying maybe 2 or 3 golden age a year. Until recently. I've been buying a book every month or two!

I think I merit a No-Prize for this one. Don't appear to be any graded copies of this issue or of either of the other two issues in the series. Raises an interesting (maybe!) question: Are there other series that have zero graded copies across all issues? hm

2019-07-21-0001.jpg

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Obscure early St John book.  Only three on the census, with two 6.5s tied at the top. I think this one would easily grade higher. When Netflix starts the Jane Arden series, I'll be sitting pretty. :banana:

2019-07-21-0001.jpg

What a noob!  The first thing I learned in Safecracking 101 was to turn off the blowtorch as soon as you got the door off.  Otherwise, you're just going to set the money you're stealing on fire and contribute to global warming.

:facepalm:

On 5/1/2017 at 3:33 PM, circumstances said:

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census

Many of us are fans of super-rare funny books.

Sometimes when I'm bored I like to browse the CGC census and see how many copies of certain books have been submitted.

Let's post pictures of the books we own that have ten or less unrestored copies currently in the census, and discuss, discuss, discuss.

When you post the pictures of your books, also post how many of them are on the census, and in what grade.

Why did I pick ten? I don't know. I was going to go with five, but that seemed too low for some reason.

(If there is already a thread like this out there, I didn't see it!)