• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show off your Comic Con photos with celebrities!
3 3

136 posts in this topic

Show off your Comic Con photos with celebrities!

I love seeing the wall pictures and the cos-play pictures but has anyone ponied up the cash to get a picture with a celebrity?  I've seen quite a few pics with Stan Lee and it appears he sits while you stand kind of close to him while the picture is being taken.  My nephew got a picture with Matt Smith of Doctor Who fame and Matt put his arm around him during the picture.  Any other celeb pictures with board members that people want to show off?  I'm considering getting a picture with Billie Piper or Ron Perlman and really want to see what you typically get for the cash. 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The Boondock Saints......I'm always in the Punisher Shirt----Norman Reedus, Rocco, and Flannery

Boondock Saints photo 4.1.2017.jpg

That is insanely awesome!

I know we are all cheap and only think about comics but only one of us has gotten pictures taken?

Cinematic Titanic show at DragonCon a few years ago allowed me to finally catch up with my MST3k faves. I think at this point I've met the entire cast except for Mike Nelson. Had a nice long chat with Joel about the Clash. They couldn't have been nicer. Super stoked that MST3k is back!

Photo May 01, 7 05 55 PM.jpg

Photo May 01, 7 02 07 PM.jpg

Right before it was my turn to talk to Malcolm McDowell, a hot chick wearing only body paint (and panties of some sort) wandered by. He jumped up from his table to run out and talk to her. After he flirted a bit, he came back to the table, to find me standing there.

"I can't compete with that," I said.

"No. You can't," he replied.

Photo May 01, 7 06 35 PM.jpg

The Missus doesn't usually care about this , but she found Doug Jones very charming. If you haven't met Doug before, he is a delightfully odd guy. Very touchy feely. Kept rubbing my bald head. Super, super nice guy.

Photo May 01, 7 06 42 PM.jpg

Went to a horror show last fall that had a lot of Friday the 13th "final girls". Here they are, plus composer Henry Manfredini. 

Photo May 02, 10 15 52 AM.jpg

Photo May 02, 10 16 08 AM.jpg

Photo May 02, 10 16 16 AM.jpg

Photo May 02, 10 16 23 AM.jpg

There's a lot more where these came from. If I haven't worn out my welcome (and you're not sick of looking at my ugly mug) I'll throw some more up later in the week.

9 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ok, I'll monopolize the thread for a while with my . 25 or so years of attending every nearby (and some not so near) sci-fi, horror, comic, and general nerd convention, has left me with a lot of this stuff. This is all I could find on my phone. I know I have tons more at home, I'll have to do some digging. It may be fun for you, and depressing for me, to chart my weight gain and beard-greying through the years!

I don't normally go for the posed "photo op" pics because they cost a fortune, and you're only there for, literally, 10 seconds, as they herd you through like cattle, snap your pic, and move you along your way. It's very impersonal and expensive. I tend to enjoy getting a selfie or something at the booth of the celeb, as it's more of a personal interaction, and generally much cheaper as well, if not free.

That being said, these first three were ops I couldn't pass up.

First up, our Princess, Carrie Fisher. As I walked up, she saw my shirt and exclaimed "Tom Waits! I love him!" For as much of an impression as one can get in a 10 second interaction, she seemed genuinely caring and fun and everything you could hope for. 

I look really stoned.

Photo May 01, 7 00 42 PM.jpg

No disrespect for the dead but she looks a little stoned herself.  Great pictures!

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

No disrespect for the dead but she looks a little stoned herself.  Great pictures!

We were probably all a little stoned that day. It happens.