• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forgive my rant
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Forgive my rant

I sold a rather large and kind of heavy item on ebay today.  $600 plus $25 shipping.  Its a Franklin Mint Knives of World War Two with eight knives and a display.  I take the knives out, wrap them nicely and pack each one individually.  Then put them in a bag full of popcorn, put that bag into a box, put the display into another box, fill it with popcorn and use about a half roll of tape to secure the box, then put that box into a larger box, fill that with popcorn and finally wrap it several times over with plastic wrap and tape,.

A masterpiece of packing, if I say so .  Scoot down to the Vegas Airport Post Office, where any priority mail received before 9PM is said to ship overnite and come back home, Mission Accomplished. Walk into my bedroom and there , on  my bed, is one of the knives.

Edited by shadroch

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Forgive my rant

I sold a rather large and kind of heavy item on ebay today.  $600 plus $25 shipping.  Its a Franklin Mint Knives of World War Two with eight knives and a display.  I take the knives out, wrap them nicely and pack each one individually.  Then put them in a bag full of popcorn, put that bag into a box, put the display into another box, fill it with popcorn and use about a half roll of tape to secure the box, then put that box into a larger box, fill that with popcorn and finally wrap it several times over with plastic wrap and tape,.

A masterpiece of packing, if I say so .  Scoot down to the Vegas Airport Post Office, where any priority mail received before 9PM is said to ship overnite and come back home, Mission Accomplished. Walk into my bedroom and there , on  my bed, is one of the knives.

well if you send it first light they will likely only have made it through the first layer of packaging before it arrives....:foryou:

that really does suck though.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Forgive my rant

A good old school belt whipping would probably keep it from happening again :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo9a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

sorry to hear it but at least you did it. I have had customs open a package and spill its contents and have pieces missing. And the good news is you have the missing piece and can make it right.

8 hours ago, shadroch said:

Forgive my rant

I had a similar problem with Magic Cards a few years ago when I was starting off on Ebay. Not really valuable cards,but a lot of .99 cent ones. I packed them all and shipped them and somehow I forgot to put one card in. I quickly e-mailed the customer,and told him the problem. I then mailed out his card the next business day. He left me a positive saying good effort. So there was a silver lining to it.

lol.

I have put comics into priority envelopes before, but forgot to scribble a little note on the envelope to let me know which comic is inside.  Then when I get back from my printer with the labels I say "d'oh" and have to rip open up the envelopes to see what's inside.  Stupid stupid stupid

I feel your pain.  Years ago I sold some MST3K DVDs on ebay.  A few days later I get a message that one of the DVDs were missing out of the box.  I told the person I thought they were all there and I looked all over my house for that DVD but never found it.  They were cool about it, but to this day I have no clue were that DVD got to.  

Edited by Sludgesicle Man