• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why has AF15 exploded in value?
9 9

286 posts in this topic

“...Thus, AF 15s, which were already selling at a premium, began to rise in price according to how their grade or appearance were valued, or desired. Everyone began to deal in AF 15s, essentially speculating on the AF 15 market, which was believed to have no limits.

The true dealers began to fill up inventories before the convention season, depleting the supply further and increasing scarcity and demand. Soon, prices were rising so fast and high that people were trading their land, life savings, and anything else they could liquidate to get more AF 15s. Many flippers persisted in believing they would sell their hoard to hapless and unenlightened foreign collectors investors, thereby reaping enormous profits. Somehow, the originally overpriced AF 15s enjoyed a huge increase in value!

Needless to say, the prices were not an accurate reflection of the value of AF 15s. As it happens in many speculative bubbles, some prudent people decided to sell and crystallize their profits. A domino effect of progressively lower and lower prices took place as everyone tried to sell while not many were buying. The price began to dive, causing people to panic and sell regardless of losses.”

Read all about it!  lol

Edited by drbanner

The effects of the AF 15 craze left the comic industry very hesitant about speculative investments for quite some time (upwards of 3 months until the next movie craze started). Investors now can know that it is better to stop and read the comic than to stake your future upon one.

28 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

AF15 is the most important work ever published second only to the Bible. It's value is priceless. Also, its champion will be along shortly to corroborate ...

Agreed!!!!

Edited by NoMan
More !!!!

9 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Nothing new.  AF 15 has seen a rise in value every year.

except 2010...where it had a double digit pull back after we saw 50% + increases the year before...sound familiar hm

Just now, Dark Knight said:

Please enlighten me.  I do not recall why.

because the book jumped 50%+ in value from last 2008 to 2009...market correction... :whistle:

3 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

because the book jumped 50%+ in value from last 2008 to 2009...market correction... :whistle:

lol I thought it was something else.  I thought that too as the reason and most likely the only reason why. I can't think of any other reason for AF 15 to pull back in any circumstances.

46 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

AF15 is the most important work ever published second only to the Bible. It's value is priceless. Also, its champion will be along shortly to corroborate ...

Please every TRUE collector knows that is TEC27.....ohhhh the level of blasphemy!!

Edited by SC22

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

:banana:

Ahhhh you guys tried to set such a beautiful little trap with this topic and I did not bite!! But I sure do appreciate the effort non the less!!

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, DKP said:

why the dynamic price increase  for Amazing Fantasy 15 in the last 2 or 3 months?

It's all because of the new flavored Spidey ice cream craze!! Yum Yum Yum it taste sooo sooo good.....it just tickles your nipples!!

Edited by SC22

7 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

A well placed trap that even Wily E Coyote couldn't resist :banana:

Ohhh the level of ''genius'' it took!! Especially the part using a brand new account to create this topic......goes to show just how committed some of you are....WOW so very impressive!!

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:
1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

lol I thought it was something else.  I thought that too as the reason and most likely the only reason why. I can't think of any other reason for AF 15 to pull back in any circumstances.

The thought that comics only go up in value is dangerous.

I remember the pull back (just like it happened with Hulk #1 a couple of years ago) and it's a normal market pattern.

There have been times when AF #15's, Pre Robin Tecs and other 'hot' books sat unsold for long periods of time.  As in nobody wanted one enough to pay the price.

What is just as dangerous as believing that comics only go up is the expectation for every auction to be a new record price. That's not reality but this new digital era where everyone's patience and attention spans are shortened has caused people to be disappointed every time a new record isn't set (or their Facebook photos are not liked by their friends).

2 hours ago, DKP said:

why the dynamic price increase  for Amazing Fantasy 15 in the last 2 or 3 months?

It's been discussed in detail in the other thread about AF #15.

There were a few exceptional, outlier sales that the some people decided to accept as another price surge.

3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

It's been discussed in detail in the other thread about AF #15.

There were a few exceptional, outlier sales that the some people decided to accept as another price surge.

Purchased by well educated investors, no doubt.