• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why has AF15 exploded in value?
9 9

286 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SC22 said:

Then he owns the king of all MTG cards that is very cool!!

Tell me about it. He bought this MTG card from me 20+ years ago for under $500. Very happy for him.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

1 hour ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Tell me about it. He bought this MTG card from me 20+ years ago for under $500. Very happy for him.

How much it worth now (I know it's a lot) I don't follow it as much as I once did?

Edited by SC22

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I dunno anything about MTG, but am aware that some of the rarer cards are worth a lot of $$$.  I don't get all the popularity and hype of it at all.

They call these card the power9. ;) I was a big player of MTG  in 1990's...and play for the fun of it....had those cards. I love comic books more, so got rid of MTG for books.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

21 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

They call these card the power9. ;) I was a big player of MTG  in 1990's...and play for the fun of it....had those cards. I love comic books more, so got rid of MTG for books.

I think you made a wise decision by gravitating towards comics ^^  Interesting that since the 1990's, there  is quite a popularity and audience who are still collecting these cards, play against their friends, etc.  More power to those who are into MTG.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

I think you made a wise decision by gravitating towards comics ^^  Interesting that since the 1990's, there  is quite a popularity and audience who are still collecting these cards, play against their friends, etc.  More power to those who are into MTG.

Rich sure has some nice books. 

On 5/19/2017 at 9:10 PM, Dark Knight said:

I dunno anything about MTG, but am aware that some of the rarer cards are worth a lot of $$$.  I don't get all the popularity and hype of it at all.

I am sure many of them feel the same about our hobby.

14 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Since there are more new MTG sets produced, the audience continues to support it with new and old crowds. I'm one of the folks who enjoys the earlier stuff, but don't know enough of the new stuff. Comics was always my first choice and bought my first Silver Age Book when I was about ten in the mid 1980's. You have some mighty nice GA books, since you gravitate more towards that era.:wink:

10 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Since there are more new MTG sets produced, the audience continues to support it with new and old crowds. I'm one of the folks who enjoys the earlier stuff, but don't know enough of the new stuff. Comics was always my first choice and bought my first Silver Age Book when I was about ten in the mid 1980's. You have some mighty nice GA books, since you gravitate more towards that era.:wink:

Same here, comics will be #1 for me.  Lately, I've been gravitating towards other things I enjoyed as a kid (a few toys and Garbage Pail Kids mainly) and sports cards here and there.  Thanks for the nice compliment on my GA collection.  I try my best to build a decent collection, just tough with prices rising on the ones I want to add :( . You have a fine SA collection yourself! Looking at your sig. line I'd be a kid in a candy store to have what you own with the 3 biggest SA keys leading the way.

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Same here, comics will be #1 for me.  Lately, I've been gravitating towards other things I enjoyed as a kid (a few toys and Garbage Pail Kids mainly) and sports cards here and there.  Thanks for the nice compliment on my GA collection.  I try my best to build a decent collection, just tough with prices rising on the ones I want to add :( . You have a fine SA collection yourself! Looking at your sig. line I'd be a kid in a candy store to have what you own with the 3 biggest SA keys leading the way.

Af15 is the only book that gets me excited but we it comes to reliving my childhood.  I spend money on these things(knowing that they probably wont go up in value)

1. Garbage pail kids

2.  Afa graded 1980s transformers, gi joe, he-man

3. Vga graded sega master system and sega genesis games

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Af15 is the only book that gets me excited but we it comes to reliving my childhood.  I spend money on these things(knowing that they probably wont go up in value)

1. Garbage pail kids

Nice to see another GPK fan!  I have a complete set 1-15 with all variations from the original 80's card line in NM condition.  Great selection of toys too.  I had a small collection of G1 Transformers, but decided to not pursue it because there is just too many and I don't have space to collect em all if ever.  The problem with vintage GI Joes from what I read in the past is the rubber band being delicate due to age attaching the torso and hip/legs area of the figure if you have a sealed card.  Pretty scary if you spent hundreds or more and then years later the body is separated from the rest.  I do like the new Matt Collector He-Man collection.  Again, just too many to collect.

On 5/21/2017 at 10:44 PM, Dark Knight said:

Nice to see another GPK fan!  I have a complete set 1-15 with all variations from the original 80's card line in NM condition.  Great selection of toys too.  I had a small collection of G1 Transformers, but decided to not pursue it because there is just too many and I don't have space to collect em all if ever.  The problem with vintage GI Joes from what I read in the past is the rubber band being delicate due to age attaching the torso and hip/legs area of the figure if you have a sealed card.  Pretty scary if you spent hundreds or more and then years later the body is separated from the rest.  I do like the new Matt Collector He-Man collection.  Again, just too many to collect.

You must be quite young and got interested in GPK and all those cool 80's stuff:cloud9:.  I have those GPK sets too and I hope you have the GPK series 9th Series unnumbered variation semi-colin:wishluck:

1 hour ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

You must be quite young and got interested in GPK and all those cool 80's stuff:cloud9:.  I have those GPK sets too and I hope you have the GPK series 9th Series unnumbered variation semi-colin:wishluck:

Yep I'm an 80s kid :) and yes I do have that Semi-Colin unnumbered error card. I have every variation and error card made from the original 80s series :)

6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Yep I'm an 80s kid :) and yes I do have that Semi-Colin unnumbered error card. I have every variation and error card made from the original 80s series :)

Nice! One of the best GPK variation from the original series.

On 5/22/2017 at 0:37 AM, Spiderturtle said:

1. Garbage pail kids

Good list. Some people don't realize how popular those 80s action figures were to children of the 1980s.

I was 8 and 9 years old around 1984 and 1985, and those Transformers,GI JOEand Masters of The Universe action figures,comics and cartoons are very nostalgic to me.

At one time GI JOE comics outsold Uncanny X-Men, while He-Man action figures outsold Superman action figures.

We all know how big the Transformers franchise is now,so I won't even go there.