• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HAS SUPERMAN 1 PEAKED?

31 posts in this topic

HAS SUPERMAN 1 PEAKED?

A Superman 1 restored 7.0 is currently selling for 72,000 on ComicConnect.  Would it be a good idea to sell at this time because the run up on this book has been pretty impressive.

I currently own a Superman 1 CGC 6.5 restored.

Let me know your opinion.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

One of the top five books of the entire hobby, no way is time to sell, skys the limit with the book. IMHO

this..... no way it has peaked. wish I had one. :sorry:

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Not even close to peaking.  I wish I could have bought Jeff's restored copy he offered on the boards several years back.

that was a very nice book. 

No don't sell it (it's a very rare book restored or not)....it will continue to rise over time. Same goes for most of the top books in the entire hobby....AC1, TEC27, TEC 38, Cap1, Superman 1, Batman 1, All Star Comics 8, All American Comics 16, AF15, Hulk 1, SC4....and so on and so on. In my opinion one day you will see the top GA books in high grade reach 10$ million dollars (and most likely even more over time).....but in how long I can't say but I will not be surprised in the least bit when they do.

Edited by SC22

5 hours ago, Dark Knight said:
5 hours ago, hyperion3000 said:

Where do you see the book being valued in 5 years?

Up, up, and away

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Faster than a speeding bullet...

And able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...........it's Superman 1!  :wink:  :takeit:

It's a definite keeper.   :cloud9:   (thumbsu

Is Superman 1 the first time a comic book story is reprinted?  I've never read the original but isn't it a retelling of Action #1 plus reprints of Action 2 and 3?

I wouldn't sell it , except maybe for a house.

Edited by shadroch

One of three books that is at the magical "100K per point" status (as compared to 25 years ago when there were maybe three 100K books in the entire hobby).

It will not be slowing down anytime soon.

Edited by Crowzilla

The lower grade complete RESTORED copies of Tec 27 and Action 1 now have a buy-in point of $200,000. Think I'm wrong? Find a complete copy of either for less than that. And both are going nowhere but up. Supes 1 and the other mega keys will not lose value either.

2 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

The lower grade complete RESTORED copies of Tec 27 and Action 1 now have a buy-in point of $200,000. Think I'm wrong? Find a complete copy of either for less than that. And both are going nowhere but up. Supes 1 and the other mega keys will not lose value either.

Bingo!!

14 hours ago, shadroch said:

Is Superman 1 the first time a comic book story is reprinted?  I've never read the original but isn't it a retelling of Action #1 plus reprints of Action 2 and 3?

Hey, hey........reprints, are you trying to talk down the value of Superman 1 here.  :baiting:  lol

Seriously though, Superman 1 is definitely not the first time a comic book story is reprinted by a long shot.  The Big Book of Fun from 1936 is DC's first reprint book as it reprints the stories from New Fun 1-4.  Then New Book of Comics 1 (1937) and 2 (Spring 1938) reprints some of the very early New Comics and More Fun issues.