• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold and Closed
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Detective Comics 38 CGC 6.0 (MP), 1st Robin, Boy Wonder, 1st Sidekick

Now the time has come. I thought it was here before, but now it's here  Robin must go, and if I'm going to be struggling, I might as well be riding comfortably. Almost all of the proceeds will be going towards funding me my first new (old) car, a 2012 Dodge Challenger RT! This car is and has been a dream of mine since it came out. It's been time for a nice car, and if you're going to spend good money, why not get something you really like. After driving it for the first time two weeks ago, I don't want to drive anything else. I know there will be another Robin in my future, or at least know I will still be dressing in tights at Comic Con!

No Ho's or Probies 

No returns on this beauty 

Shipping within US only, via registered mail, and is free 

Payment by Check, m/o, or meet up in the NY tri-state area. Take $500 off if meeting up and paying cash  :whatthe:

My kudos is underneath my sig. 

Thanks for stopping by, your friendly neighborhood SpideyFein 

Edited by SpideyFein

Detective Comics 38 CGC 6.0 OW, MP Notes on the label include: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, spine splits sealed, reinforced. 

Full Disclosure: This book looks beautiful. Now in a brand new shiny slab just back from CGC, it was recently sent to CCS for a possible resto removal and bump. Fate has it that Robin is fine just the way he is.  I have to say, the new slab really brings out the book's shine.  These horrible pictures don't do it justice.  Please refer to the old scan. If you desire more pictures, please just ask. 

$15,000 $14,900 $14,800 

$14,500 $14,400 obo 

I open to trades for bigger books, preferably graded. 

I'm also open to time payments within a few months- pm for details. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by SpideyFein

7 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

:golfclap:Beauty!

Now here's a man who appreciate the Boy Wonder. Thanks man. I hope you've been well. 

Anyone who puts their mits on the this book will smile. 

I've taken public transportation, and various forms of transportation, but due to my increased amount of driving, I've decided I really need to be comfortable.  I have to seize the moment as well, as I have convinced my wife that it's a good decision. I'm still getting slack for it as we speak lol  I am lucky she's even considering it. On Sunday morning, I will post a picture of the car. Right now,  I'm driving a 2001 Honda accord with rollup windows. It's time for an upgrade! 

4 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

I've taken public transportation, and various forms of transportation, but due to my increased amount of driving, I've decided I really need to be comfortable.  I have to seize the moment as well, as I have convinced my wife that it's a good decision. I'm still getting slack for it as we speak lol  I am lucky she's even considering it. On Sunday morning, I will post a picture of the car. Right now,  I'm driving a 2001 Honda accord with rollup windows. It's time for an upgrade! 

I had that same 2001 Honda Accord with roll up windows that I purchased new right after 9/11. Man do I miss that car. The new Honda that replaced it after 7 years was no match. I say keep the Honda and the book.

3 hours ago, toto said:

I had that same 2001 Honda Accord with roll up windows that I purchased new right after 9/11. Man do I miss that car. The new Honda that replaced it after 7 years was no match. I say keep the Honda and the book.

I'm  actually a Honda guy myself, but it's time I move on to something more grizzly and comfortable.  Send me a PM. I'll gladly sell it to you next week. Cheap. 

I'm not going to post the pic of the car because I didn't get it. It was nice though. To spend the dough it has to be 110%.  Anyhow, send those offers over. I'm still looking at more RT's. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

How come this is still here !? This is a top 20 GA KEY !

I'd grab it if I didn't already own a copy.

Yeah, I've gotten a few nibbles and bites, but nothing solid yet. Let's move this bad boy to a new home. Your copy is awesome btw. I know you know that though. 

5 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

I know that's a tough one. Similar to the Bats 1 bc. You could get this one and sell yours- problem solved. :shy::devil:

AWESOME LOOKING BOOK!  SO KEY!!!! GL with sale!!!