• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Some mixed books from the 1950s/60s – Now 10% OFF!
1 1

56 posts in this topic

Some mixed books from the 1950s/60s

Small sales threads of books, 1950s-70s with a few Marvel books relists from previous threads at new prices.

My Kudos thread

I try to grade books accurately but I’m not a professional, so if you have doubts feel free to ask me more details via PM.

Rules: The first :takeit: (icon or text) in thread wins. You can purchase by PM but at your own risk – I will go by time stamp.

Shipping: Rates indicatively as follows (Zone 1 is Europe, Zone 2 is Americas, Asia and Africa, and Zone 3 Oceania).
Airmail does not have a tracking number, so for more expensive purchases I recommend Registered (which is darn expensive, I know).

Zone1	Zone2	Zone3

Economy Airmail / 1-2 bks:		8.00	11.00	16.50 USD

Economy Airmail / up to 8-10 bks:	9.00	15.00	19.50 USD

Economy Airmail / up to 15-20 bks:	15.00	25.50	29.50 USD

Registered / 1-2 bks:			13.50	19.00	24.00 USD

Registered / up to 8-10 bks:		19.50	27.50	36.50 USD

Registered / up to 16-20 bks:		29.00	41.00	51.50 USD

Return policy: I do not offer returns as it would be impractical cost-wise from here, but in the unfortunate case I missed something drastic (like a cut out page or ad) I will make sure to make you whole.
Thanks for looking! :)

Edited by vaillant

Blackstone the Magician (Atlas) #2 (1948) - FRGD OWW - $65
Complete lower grade copy. The cover is barely hanging at top staple, bottom staple is detached. Paper quality is nice.
It contains a Blonde Phantom short story by Mike Sekowsky.

69WTSveh.jpg

:news: SOLD

Spoiler

Impact #1 - VG+ OWW - $55
Nice copy presenting better than technical grade. Bottom staple has a detachment from front cover but is still well attached to back cover.

uzOvUFdh.jpg

Edited by vaillant

:news: SOLD

Spoiler

Shock Suspenstories #16 - VG-/VG OWW - $45
Biggest defects: it has a small discolored area at the top, a thumb crease/tear at the bottom fc (see scan), a mostly ncb crease running along almost all of the height of the book (similar to a subscription crease, but it's not) and some water staining on the back cover (see scan). All in all a solid book, staples are firmly attached.

kk0oU8hh.jpg
aTSB8GUh.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Lot of 11 Spirou books from 1958-59 - Average FN condition. - $25 for all
This is a nice lot of Spirou books, including #1031, 1044, 1046, 1109, 1112, 1115, 1117, 1118, 1119, 1121, 1133. These have stories by Peyo (Johan et Pirlouit) but not the Smurfs. Also, Lucky Luke, Spirou chapters from the stories "Saki" and "Z comme Zorglub" and others. All are complete.
A cool glimpse in this fascinating classing french title from the late 1950s.

Some cover scans:
ArLcHBdh.jpg
zxR1bTlh.jpg
yeiV1wqh.jpg