• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 5 PLOD 6.0

3 posts in this topic

Batman 5 PLOD 6.0

I've been offered a Batman #5 that has a PLOD bec of no centerfold.  It is graded 6.0 qualified.  It is a book I've been wanting to get for awhile.  I have no idea of the value.  I see similar restored copies selling 40-60% of guide on the Bay, but I don't know if I should: (1) Run for the hills and not get it  (2) Buy it and find a centerfold from a coverless copy and regrade it to get a GLOD or (3) Get it.  If #2 or #3, at what price?  Please weigh in on this.  Thanks mucho....

When you lift a centerfold from one very old comic book and place it another, the difference between pages can be pretty striking and obvious.

So I suggest you wait for a real Batman 5 to come along at a reasonable price.    As the golden age collectors start selling off their collection due to age (I hate to say it), then there should be plenty of these on the market.   I just don't see many younger kids collecting, so eventually the supply will exceed demand and prices should come down.