• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] -[CLOSED]- GL 7, ASM 2, ASM 20, ATOM 1, FF 25 + MORE!!

35 posts in this topic

THREAD CLOSED

MORE BOOKS ADDED 5/8/17!

Hello again everyone! Well, we've got a big one (for me at least) here ya'll...some of my favorite books on the chopping block :cry:

I've been a buyer and seller here on the boards many times and I also have many satisfied comic customers on ebay (ebay id able-pawn). Check out my kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8328005#Post8328005

First :takeit: in thread OR by pm trumps any negotiations or discussions (YOU MUST SPECIFY DESIRED BOOK OR BOOKS) .  No HOSers or Probies.  Paypal preferred but I may consider other methods (check, money order) if contacted first before taking it.  No returns on CGC graded books.  Raw books may be returned within 7 days of receipt.  Book must be returned in EXACT condition received.

Shipping within the US via USPS Priority is $12 for first slab and $2 for each additional slab.  Raw books are $7 for the first and $1 for each additional raw book. No international shipping at this time...very sorry :(

Please feel free to pm me with any questions or offers or if you need better pics...Thanks for looking at my stuff!

Edited by Mystafo

BATMAN #121 4.0 OW/W - SOLD! - Bought this already slabbed a couple of years ago, presents nicely for the grade.  approx. 1/4" split at upper spine.  Nice colors.  Great PQ for an early silver age DC, IMHO.  Case is in excellent shape.

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

VAULT OF HORROR #30 5.0 C/OW - NOW SOLD!! - Another book I bought slabbed.  There is a tiny tape pull on the severed arm FC and a slightly bigger one on the back cover.  Case is in great shape with only a few tiny scratches.

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

GREEN LANTERN #7 6.0 C/OW RESTORED SLIGHT C-1 - NOW $185!! - Bought this one off of ebay and sent it to Joey for a press and clean...came back with "small amount of color touch on cover."  I thought I looked over the book pretty well before subbing it and never noticed any bleed-thru so it must be very small or well concealed.  Slab is in excellent condition. 

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES #1 2.5 OW (AL FELDSTEIN WRITTEN ON COVER IN MARKER) - SOLD! -  Bought this one slabbed of of ebay a while back.  Good sized spine roll with some staining, wrinkling and tearing on the back cover.  A very authentic looking Al Feldstein signature in gold ink is present on the lower front cover on the electric chair arm.  After looking at many other books with witnessed Feldstein sigs I'm pretty darn sure this one is legit, but obviously I can't guarantee it.  Case is bowed slightly and I'm not sure why but it doesn't seem to hurt the book.

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

2 hours ago, Mystafo said:

BATMAN #121 4.0 OW/W - $1000 - Bought this already slabbed a couple of years ago, presents nicely for the grade.  approx. 1/4" split at upper spine.  Nice colors.  Great PQ for an early silver age DC, IMHO.  Case is in excellent shape.

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

:takeit: per our PM!

FANTASTIC FOUR #25 4.5 W - NOW $100!! - Bought this from a boardie (for a little more $) a couple years ago already slabbed.  Bright colors and white pages.  Pretty good sized spine roll.  Case is in very good shape with only a few small scuff/scratches.

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2 2.5/3.0 OW/W - NOW $750!! - Bought this from a local collection.  Very solid for the grade.  Book has some overall moisture damage and some light staining and tanning to interior cover.  Slight spine roll.  Subscription crease and a couple of tears on the spine that go a tiny bit into the pages.  Staples have some darkening/discoloration but no real rust or transfer to the pages.  Cover and CF both well attached but there is some minor tearing at the CF pages near the lower staple.  No visible resto.

Edit - Ok, someone asked me for some pics of the interior and upon taking them I found that the staple tears at the CF were a little worse than my notes indicated.  Pics of the area are added....the CF is still attached but there are longer tears at the upper staple as well as some shorter ones at the lower staple.  I believe the grade range is still accurate but I didn't want anyone to be disappointed if they purchased it...apologies!  

ScanImage001.jpg

ScanImage002.jpg

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

IRON FIST #14 7.0/7.5 OW - NOW SOLD! -  Another ebay acquisition.  Nice, solid copy.  No major creasing, a little spine wear and darkened staples but no rust or transfer.  Back cover slightly dingy.  Cover and CF well attached.  No visible resto.  Distrib. ink on top edge.

ScanImage001.jpg

ScanImage003.jpg

Edited by Mystafo

X-MEN #100 8.0/8.5 OW - NOW SOLD!! -  Bought from the same local collection as the ASM 2.  Very clean, nice and flat.  Bright colors.  Very tiny tear/chip at bottom edge, back cover.  Ink smudge at top left corner of back cover.  Clean staples well attached at cover and CF.  No visible resto.

ScanImage003.jpg

ScanImage004.jpg

Edited by Mystafo

On 5/6/2017 at 11:44 AM, Mystafo said:

IRON FIST #14 7.0/7.5 OW - NOW $125! -  Another ebay acquisition.  Nice, solid copy.  No major creasing, a little spine wear and darkened staples but no rust or transfer.  Back cover slightly dingy.  Cover and CF well attached.  No visible resto.  Distrib. ink on top edge.

ScanImage001.jpg

ScanImage003.jpg

I will take it