• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8 posts in this topic

Jon Berk Collection Previewed by ComicConnect

Click Here To Read About The Preview of This Fantastic Collection!

“The Jon Berk collection is one of the most-asked-about, written-about, talked-about auctions in our history,” said ComicConnect Director of Consignments Rob Reynolds, “Which is saying a lot, as we’ve had some pretty amazing auctions in the past. The majority of these books have not been on the market in years, if not decades, and collectors are drooling over the chance to see these rare comics in person.”

2.jpg

Edited by HandsomeVanzant

Click here to see what board members have been saying about this once in a lifetime generational collection and some pictures of fellow collectors perusing and enjoying the books:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/411132-jon-berk-collection-to-be-auctioned/?page=8

Now, that's what true comic collecting is all about.  (thumbsu

25 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Now, that's what true comic collecting is all about.  (thumbsu

So...being well-capitalized enough and/or well-connected enough to handle 5/6/7-figure Golden Age books in a VERY private showing is what "true comic collecting is all about"? 

What about the rest of us broke-@ss old duffers and mere mortals with our measly mid-grade SA and BA collections?  How do we rate against the Fancy Men of Comics?!?

:grin:

:baiting:  

:grin: 

Edited by jools&jim

2 hours ago, jools&jim said:

What about the rest of us broke-@ss old duffers and mere mortals with our measly mid-grade SA and BA collections?  How do we rate against the Fancy Men of Comics?!?

I assume all of us would rate just fine because it's all about enjoying and loving the comics which you have in your collection, however you choose to do it.  (thumbsu

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I assume all of us would rate just fine because it's all about enjoying and loving the comics which you have in your collection, however you choose to do it.  (thumbsu

:foryou:     :headbang:

7 hours ago, namisgr said:

I can't find in the link or anywhere on the CC website when the auction is being held.

Hasn't been posted yet the current one just ended so give it a few days (thumbsu

8 hours ago, namisgr said:

I can't find in the link or anywhere on the CC website when the auction is being held.

Here's a link to one of the Scoop articles on the Jon Berk auction:

http://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1014?articleID=191226

Since the auction is set to open on May 15th, I expect the listings should be available for all of us to see sometime next week.  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine