• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1000 is handed to you to invest long-term in CGC MODERN Age what do you do?
5 5

418 posts in this topic

Off top of my head:

NYX #3 (wait a bit for a price dip)

Saga #1

X-23 #1 Dell'Otto

Rick and Morty #1 - I think this TV series is still going to grow its fanbase and comic will increase in value some more. Good show, good comic.

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

There's probably only three books that I truly would invest in with moderns.

1. Walking Dead 1

2. BA 12

3. NYX 3

Solid blue chip keys Oak (though BA 12 falls outside of the OPs date parameters).

I have and continue to believe that this market will either be remembered for its variants or for the Image #1 spec'ing that ended up iinfecting the entire hobby.  

If it's the former, then Batman 608RRP should be considered the start of the modern age.  

If it's the latter, then WD 1 should be.  

They are less than a year apart, but eventually one or the other will win that crown.  

Frankly I hope it ends up as Bats 608RRP because an entire age began by and known for spec'ing really does sound a lot like "the nineties", whereas the types of variants that this age has given us really have been something new and unique about this era of comics.  

Fortunately as of now, it does seem to be drifting towards the "Variant Age" as this age crystallizes and we seem to be coming to an end of it (or at least as we be know it since the likes of Bats 608RRP). 

-J.

11 hours ago, paul747 said:

CAPTAIN MARVEL 17 2ND PRINT

BATMAN #655 VARIANT

NEW 52 DIAMOND  VARIANTS  FOR ACTION #1 AND DETECTIVE #1 (STAYED RELEVANT WITH RE-NUMBERING)

Ultimate Comics: Fallout #4 VARIANT

AMAZING FANTASY #15 -MODERN WITH AMADEUS CHO

ADAM:LEGEND OF THE BLUE MARVEL #1

NYX #3

SAGA #1-5

AND I AGREE WITH THESE.....  FROM ABOVE, ASM 667 Dell'otto, Batman 608RRP,

Nailed it! 

On 5/6/2017 at 8:42 AM, Jaydogrules said:

ASM 667 Dell'otto, Batman 608RRP, or Wolverine 1 (2010), Campbell  (Deadpool), in any condition you can find at that price point.  

Honorable mention to ASM 678 (VenoMJ).

-J.

Can you still get any of these for $1000? 

I think Ultimate Fallout #4, the Djurdjevic variant, will go up. With Marvel trying so hard to diversify their lineup, and Miles Morales being one of the longest running and accepted changes in comics, I can see him showing up in a movie or getting his own. 

1 minute ago, Califelix said:

I think Ultimate Fallout #4, the Djurdjevic variant, will go up. With Marvel trying so hard to diversify their lineup, and Miles Morales being one of the longest running and accepted changes in comics, I can see him showing up in a movie or getting his own. 

Apparently Marvel has publicly stated they are going to roll back the whole forced diversity thing. Whether that impacts relatively established characters like Miles is hard to say.... assuming they follow through, but looking at the shambles their current lineup is in, I don't see why they would double down. Outside of stupidity anyway.

19 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Seems like a lot of people would buy books that have already seen a lot of success. Maybe they are just buying for their PC with that $1000.

For me, you'd be spot on,

I'd either get a Hughes Supergirl and the LoS #23, Harley #1 or a few Catwoman books. :shy: