• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Francisco Comic Con - September 1-3: Bruce Timm, Bill Sienkiewicz, Josh Middleton

48 posts in this topic

Bruce Timm; Bruce will be illustrating a San Francisco Comic Con exclusive print that will be limited to only attendees that reserve a hotel room in the San Francisco Comic Con's discounted room block at our  partner hotel. We will be unveiling the print soon! CLICK HERE to reserve your hotel room!
SFCC17-Bruce-Timm-FB_zpscspf55hx.jpg

Bill Sienkiewicz
SFCC17-Bill-Sienkiewicz-FB_zpsw1kjfxn6.j

Art Adams
SFCC17-Arthur-Adams-FB2_zpsgrzpoo5o.jpg

Joshua Middleton; first convention in the United States in over 4 years.
SFCC17-Joshua-Middleton-FB_zpscsw0khlt.j

Neal Adams
SFCC17-Neal-Adams-FB_zpsy8fa3atq.jpg

Ariel Olivetti
SFCC17-Ariel-Olivetti-FB_zpsyuhefeie.jpg

Clayton Crain
SFCC17-Clayton-Crain-FB_zpsuvgwwvyq.jpg

Mark Brooks
SFCC17-Mark-Brooks-FB_zpsvlybxyyt.jpg

Mike McKone
SFCC17-Mike-McKone-FB_zpswqahas5p.jpg

Gerald Brom
SFCC17-Gerald-Brom-FB_zpsspudgg92.jpg

Lorelay Bove
SFCC17-Lorelay-Bove-FB_zpsrxqli6de.jpg

Dave DeVries
SFCC17-Dave-DeVries-FB_zpsp0ibzcyh.jpg

Mike Perkins
SFCC17-Mike-Perkins-FB_zpswajdddj9.jpg

Alex Nino
SFCC17-Alex-Nino-FB_zpsl7kmysap.jpg

Bob Camp
SFCC17-Bob-Camp-FB_zpstgr6e5l9.jpg

Alex Saviuk
SFCC17-Alex-Saviuk-FB_zpscr0igk8w.jpg

Michael Golden
SFCC17-MIchael-Golden-FB_zpsmzi39p3s.jpg

Ethen Beavers
SFCC17-Ethen-Beavers-FB_zpsgii6sysy.jpg

Joel Adams
SFCC17-Joel-Adams-FB_zpswadcozvl.jpg

Buzz
SFCC17-Buzz-FB_zps6jjdqavr.jpg

Edited by KingOfRulers
more creators

Check out this San Francisco Comic Con exclusive, incentive poster created by guest artist Bruce Timm! It commemorates the 25th anniversary of Batman: The Animated Series! The poster will be available exclusively to those that reserve a hotel room at our headquarter hotel in the group room block. Reserve your room here: https://sanfrancomiccon.com/hoteltravel/

tumblr_oq3mw1ou2h1u8srvqo1_540.png

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, spidermanbeyond said:

Hello,

I will be accepting books for CGC SS witnessing if you are not able to attend personally.   Will need books by 8/30/2017.

Thank you.

I will be attending the show on Friday, so will I be able to meet up and give you prepped books then?

I will be there Friday and can accept the books from you but if you are attending the con, CGC will have a table and you just need to come to the table and ask for a witness.   There is no charge if you get someone from the table.   You need a witness here if you need someone to get the signatures for you and you can't do it yourself.

We'll be there all 3 days! And we're also throwing a boardie meetup and trading party after the con on Saturday, Sep 2 from 6-9pm. I posted a separate event thread here with more details: 

Hope to get a bunch of boardies and con attendees together!

Edited by shortboxed

Hey hope everyone has a great time at the show; I know I have been hoping for a large SF show since WonderCon went to Anaheim :cry:

But labor day long weekend :facepalm::frustrated: cant say I understand the planning for a Con on that weekend, maybe they got a deal, or it was the only available date at Moscone. 

Not able to attend this year, hope I'm wrong and there is a great turn out for the comic vendors. :wishluck:

50 minutes ago, jbud73 said:

Hey hope everyone has a great time at the show; I know I have been hoping for a large SF show since WonderCon went to Anaheim :cry:

But labor day long weekend :facepalm::frustrated: cant say I understand the planning for a Con on that weekend, maybe they got a deal, or it was the only available date at Moscone. 

Not able to attend this year, hope I'm wrong and there is a great turn out for the comic vendors. :wishluck:

Yeah, not a good weekend. To make matters worse, the is also the Long Beach Comic Con going on the same weekend! This means that West Coast dealers are split between shows. Terry and Harley usually go to the Long Beach show and are not on the list. I suspect they are doing the SF show. I thought about coming up for the SF show but still for the life of me, can't figure out where the exhibitor list is on the website. There ARE still people that go to these show to buy old comics and don't care about the guests, panels or cosplayers. Neither show is doing much for either dealers or collectors this weekend. I am considering blowing them both off and going to The big local Antique Flea market instead...

Edited by Robot Man

5 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Harley is in Toronto for that big show--apparently this is a giant weekend for cons! (even a Sac-Anime in Sacramento this weekend). I'm sure the reason is the cheaper rates and availability this weekend.  Harley is sending his nephew out with a few boxes.

I always wonder about this, from the point of few of a comic seller for conventions.  Do you want more big dealers to come to the show which means more competition in terms of dollars and time not spent at your booth by comic seeking individuals?  And more competition on pricing?  But at the same time you don't want the show to get a reputation as 'limited' in terms of comics.  Would you rather be the best and most profitable dealer there? Or do significantly worse than everyone but still get by but the show as a whole does well?  I know its also a factor that lots of dealers do a LOT of buying/selling with other dealers before/during/after shows.

I expect that its a mix of all of those things, and depends largely on individual situations, but it was always an interesting thought to me.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, not a good weekend. To make matters worse, the is also the Long Beach Comic Con going on the same weekend! This means that West Coast dealers are split between shows. Terry and Harley usually go to the Long Beach show and are not on the list. I suspect they are doing the SF show. I thought about coming up for the SF show but still for the life of me, can't figure out where the exhibitor list is on the website. There ARE still people that go to these show to buy old comics and don't care about the guests, panels or cosplayers. Neither show is doing much for either dealers or collectors this weekend. I am considering blowing them both off and going to The big local Antique Flea market instead...

Exhibitor list: https://sanfrancomiccon.com/exhibitors/ 

4 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Many thanks! As I suspected very little in the way of vintage comic dealers. The fact that there wasn't an exhibitor list posted on the website, backs this up. I would be more than a little upset to make a 6 hour drive for another con like this. I guess it fits the bill for those who want autographs and cosplay but little to offer for comic book collectors and dealers. This is NO WonderCon folks. I will be happy to attend that one as well as comic centric shows like the Berkley Con and Terry O'Neil's Yorba Linda show for my comic buying...