• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a copy of the Oct 1992 Christie's Catalog?

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a copy of this catalog around? October 1992 Christie's. There was one lot I was curious about, but Christie's website only lists the title, not the image. Not worth buying the whole catalog on eBay for curiosity, haha.

If anyone has this and could snap a photo for me, please PM me:)

Thanks!

590e831479b2e_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.2c4cc35adc01eb2c6f22b64285879c32.jpg

18 hours ago, RabidFerret said:

Does anyone have a copy of this catalog around? October 1992 Christie's. There was one lot I was curious about, but Christie's website only lists the title, not the image. Not worth buying the whole catalog on eBay for curiosity, haha.

If anyone has this and could snap a photo for me, please PM me:)

Thanks!

590e831479b2e_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.2c4cc35adc01eb2c6f22b64285879c32.jpg

It's worth owning this one and the first couple of Sotheby's for sure. They are the Outbreak Monkey  of modern comic art auctions.

I have the Soethbys hardcover and love flipping through it on occasion. I was briefly tempted to buy this outright, but then realized it would likely just make me sad to see all the great art!

The lot I was trying to find out about was #49, the Rob Liefeld X-Force piece:) They list the sale price but no picture. 

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/rob-liefeld-an-early-splash-page-depiction-2329367-details.aspx?from=searchresults&intObjectID=2329367&sid=17e9fb27-e036-4e34-bef7-0f565de8f330

There are a handful of great old Liefeld's I've never seen surface and am now curious if this is one of them:)

Edited by RabidFerret