• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Owner Collection--Silver Age beauties--CLOSED
5 5

607 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Here is 80pg giant #8--This is easily a 7.5 or better copy.  Great colors, very tighly attached at staples.  Im sure most of you know, very tough in high grade.  Last 7.5 went for $131.  Asking $100

:takeit:@ 40% off

On 5/7/2017 at 11:52 PM, SOLAR BOY said:

World's finest #146--Even with the spine roll here i put this at 7.5 or better.  A press would make this a sweet book.   Asking $30

Untitled-115-p1 (20).jpg

I'll take this one too.

EDIT: Nevermind...

Edited by tomo

47 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Metal Men #10--The colors here are so bright....unreal.  This is a 7.5 or better.  Color bleed at the top.  Asking $20

:takeit:@ 40% off

Here is the Last update.  Remember if you bought comics from me 1-3 gets you 15% books below, 4-7 gets you 25% off and 8+ gets you 40% off.  I would like to just have them all sold.  Its been an amazing sale.  Thank you all.

:news: UPDATE TIME----  This will be the grand Finale with some awesome books and then invoices go out.  Here is whats left of round 1-4. Thank you.

Doom Patrol #90--Now we have a gorgeous black cover.  Very sharp with same spine roll.  But i noticed a color bleed back cover and top left of cover.  looks like a distributor bleed.  I will be conservative and say 6.5.  Asking $20

Doom Patrol #97--Cool cover with some chips on spine.  Ill put this in the 6.0 or better range but im tight.  Asking $10

Metal Men #11--Love this blue cover.  Very solid copy here except bottom staple popped.  So lets do $10

Secret Origins #1--Very cool cover, i don't see this one that often.  This looks like a solid 4.5+.  Im asking $50

Justice League #30--This comic is very solid except the staple is popped top staple.  I hate popped staples so lets just say book is 6.5.  Asking $25

House of Secrets #46--Nice solid 5.0 copy.  Love these odd covers.  DC rocks when it came to 1950's art.  Asking $10

Tales of the Unexpected #46--Here is a crazy cool cover, i love aliens and hott blondes.  This is a well presenting 5.5 copy.  Asking $30

Mystery in space #66--I love me some Adam Strange so im so into this cover.   Here is a solid 5.5 copy.  There is a VG- on ebay for $25.  Asking $30

Showcase #46--Another one we saw last night, guessing this gentleman loved tommy tomorrow lol.  Very sharp copy.  With the slight spine roll its a 7.5 copy or better, just gorgeous.  Asking $40

Metal Men #1--OK you all knew there was one in the collection.  This has a top staple pop and has the same distributor ink at the top.  I love this cover the most out of all of them.  I put this at a grade of 5.5.  Asking $100

Edited just now by SOLAR BOY
Edited by SOLAR BOY

1 hour ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Showcase #46--Another one we saw last night, guessing this gentleman loved tommy tomorrow lol.  Very sharp copy.  With the slight spine roll its a 7.5 copy or better, just gorgeous.  Asking $40

Untitled-117-p1 (17).jpg

:takeit:@ 40 % off

4 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

House of Secrets #46--Nice solid 5.0 copy.  Love these odd covers.  DC rocks when it came to 1950's art.  Asking $10

Untitled-117-p1.jpg

:takeit: at whatever my discount is as this puts me at 4 books now....

6 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

What a wonderful end to the thread.  Some of you are way too fast and need to be banned from all threads im ever buying in.  As a reward ill update the total thread and anyone who purchased books gets a discount.  Look below please

1-3 book purchased you get 15% Discount

4-7 books purchased you get a 25% discount

8+ books purchased you get a 40% discount

Thank you all.  You are all awesome and Ill message you all when i have my next big thread.

Wow.  Thank you!  Looking forward to more to come

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow.  Thank you!  Looking forward to more to come

Sorry have to be clear here because I've gotten some pms. The discounts are on the remaining books. So that list above you get discounts based on what you have already purchased. Thank you everyone. You've made this thread one to remember. 

3 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Tamir doing his best Foolkiller impression in here I see.  Congrats on your sale sir, great thread!

Thank you my friend. I'm doing really well at work so I've decided I would do this with every collection I purchase. Got very lucky with this collection and got the books I wanted so it was no problem doing this kind of sale. And seeing so many buyers happy to get books they want is a cool thing to see. I'm no foolkiller, his threads are unreal. 

6 hours ago, oceans11 said:

:takeit: at whatever my discount is as this puts me at 4 books now....

Ok so you get 15% off this book and if you want anything else from that list you get 25% off that. Thank you