• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$150 Credit? Not working....
2 2

32 posts in this topic

$150 Credit? Not working....

I recently upgraded my membership to the $150 one which is supposed to include a $150 credit.  When I go to submit books for grading, I am still being charged.  How do I get the $150 credit to apply towards grading?  Thanks!

53 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

Correct. But with CGC Accounting involved, anything is possible.

Jose:facepalm:

4 hours ago, RattyLa said:

how long ago did you upgrade? I know it can take 10-14 days for the credit to show up on the account.

You gotta be kidding........

4 hours ago, greggy said:

Jose:facepalm:

44 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Greggy:facepalm:

:facepalm: I have a CGC beta form filled out right now and am at the credit card sheet. I was wondering the same thing too. Good thing I saw this post and didn't fire. Thanks Landon and guys!

I just made my first submission, and didn't see the credit being applied either.  I am assuming that they'll apply it when the charge goes through.  If not, then I'm sure a call/email will sort it out.

They do mention the credit it the FAQ, though it's a little vague whether my assumption was correct or not.  https://www.cgccomics.com/faq/index.asp#membershipFAQ10

You should be able to see your credit balance when logging into your account.  Unless I've missed it this feature isn't available.  Here are some things I'd like to update from a technology perspective:

1. Credit balances should be shown in your account profile. 

2. The online submission form should be able to link to your account profile and calculate your real charges. 

3. Credit balances should cover the cost of grading and shipping.  I'm not sure why CGC won't allow credit balances to cover shipping. 

If CGC made a few changes to the way they handle/display credits they might convince more people to upgrade. 

Here is my suggestion based on going through it a couple times:

Confirm your payment has been made by checking your credit card statement online or checking account online.

When you put together your next order, make sure it is more than $150. Schedule to pay by check. Subtract the $150 from the grand total you'll owe CGC and write your check for the balance only. Write on your invoice what you're doing. Submit your books with that invoice and check. CGC will process your order and cash your check as soon as they possibly can. Your $150 credit balance will be applied. Issue solved.

If you only submit two or three books at a time, this method will likely not be practical...good luck with the emails and the phone calls.

I just upgraded to premium and had same issue.  I figured it might take a few days for the credit to show up so I waited and waited..  Now a week later the credit doesn't show up nor does it subtract from the balance when I go to hit submit to charge my credit card for a submission over $150.  This is very frustrating.  CGC needs to fix it.   Based on readings I'm confident either it will be deducted after the fact or I'll have to call CGC to get money refunded but it shouldn't have to be done this way.

My membership renewed in January.  Did my first submission of the year yesterday and the credit didn’t show up.  So it doesn’t appear to be a matter of submitting too soon after signing up.

I paid by check (the full amount).  So a credit card adjustment won’t work for me.  I emailed CGC about the issue, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

• Administrator

The grading credit is available to your account at the moment you join or renew. 

Your credit card is not charged until your submission has been received. If your account has a member join/renewal grading credit, it will be applied automatically when your submission is received. For example, if you have a $150 new member grading credit and the grading fees on your form are $200, you will only be charged $50 for grading fees. If paying with check or money order, you may deduct your grading credit from the amount to pay.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, walclark said:

My membership renewed in January.  Did my first submission of the year yesterday and the credit didn’t show up.  So it doesn’t appear to be a matter of submitting too soon after signing up.

I paid by check (the full amount).  So a credit card adjustment won’t work for me.  I emailed CGC about the issue, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

When did you email CGC? If you would like to pm me with your invoice number, I can follow up for you.

26 minutes ago, dena said:

When did you email CGC? If you would like to pm me with your invoice number, I can follow up for you.

Yesterday morning about 7 AM.  I don’t have an invoice number yet.  The submission hasn’t made it into your system yet.

My subscription is up on 7/18 and I need to renew (since i'm submitting books in person on 7/19 at SDCC...go figure)....and the CGC site says I get $20 off for renewal, but do I get the same $150 credit when I renew (i.e. the same credit as when I got my original membership)?