• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help....

9 posts in this topic

Need some help....

I just bought a collection of about 6000 comics of mostly late bronze and early copper (between 1985-1994). All are Marvel and DC comics.

Besides the obvious keys what books should I look out for? Any advice?

Mostly all are very high grade (VFN/NM) as the collector I bought them from never read them. He just bought them and stored them away.

google a list of copper keys. 

Assuming you know what the big keys are, you should probably look for 1st apps of 2nd tier characters and teams/characters that have showed up movies/tv shows.

Go into ebay Sold Listings for Copper Age, sort by Highest Price, exclude NM98 and BA12 and the other obvious keys, and scroll through until you get down to the dollar value you want to keep an eye out for. This is an easy way to spot for those that you may not be aware are popular now.

7 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

Thanks for this link! It is really helpful! I already found several on the list. MUCHO GRACIAS!

No problem.  Keep in mind that list is a count of cgc graded copies, it doesn't necessarily mean each one has enough value to be graded or really be more than a few bucks raw.  It's just a starting point to narrow down instead of looking up every single book.