• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELLBOY!! Movie reboot
3 3

209 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

:roflmao:

Harsh (esp. given that Thor 2 is - by far - my least favorite MCU film).

But...it can't be worse than Jonah Hex. Right? Right??

Definitely no Iron Man 3. Unless a kid shows up for no reason, gets loads of attention from Hellboy unexplained and without real purpose, and then it turns out the main villain was a buffoon plot twist zinger.

So not that bad. (:

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

What about worse than Green Hornet?

What about worse than Fan4stic?

THAT is the one people are comparing it to more than any other. And with it coming out there were creative crew conflicts going on leading to story tampering... :mad: :(

10 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

:roflmao:

Harsh (esp. given that Thor 2 is - by far - my least favorite MCU film).

But...it can't be worse than Jonah Hex. Right? Right??

Metacritic scores:

FF 27, Catwoman 27, Spirit 30, Punisher War Zone 30, Jonah Hex 30, Hellboy 31 (currently), Elektra 34, Venom 35, Green Lantern 39, Suicide Squad 40 - distinguished company

Edited by paperheart

34 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Metacritic scores:

FF 27, Catwoman 27, Spirit 30, Punisher War Zone 30, Jonah Hex 30, Hellboy 33 (currently), Elektra 34, Venom 35, Green Lantern 39, Suicide Squad 40 - distinguished company

Jesus. That's a plethora of trash...

1 hour ago, RedRaven said:

Watched the trailer the other night and it seemed way too dark for my tastes. Doubt this will even get an Amazon viewing from me. Im completely happy with the Ron Perlman versions.

I liked the Hellboy movies (not love...liked).  I kept seeing Ron Perlman...not Hellboy.  That always bothered me.

As for the current movie, I am completely surprised by the reviews I'm seeing.  The trailer looks fantastic.  But the critics are absolutely destroying it(shrug).

5 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I liked the Hellboy movies (not love...liked).  I kept seeing Ron Perlman...not Hellboy.  That always bothered me.

As for the current movie, I am completely surprised by the reviews I'm seeing.  The trailer looks fantastic.  But the critics are absolutely destroying it(shrug).

I have to disagree about the trailers. I thought they've been pretty bad.

It sounds like the movie is just a mess of gratuitous violence, excessive language, and krappy-CGI action. Which doesn't surprise me.

What about the trailers did you like?

Edited by TwoPiece

Just now, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The really awesome thing here which is easy to overlook, is that the development of comic-book properties as cinema has reached the point that we get to choose between multiple versions of Hellboy. Far cry from my youth where my choices were Superman and that was about it.

When I saw the trailers, it looked like a SyFy original. 

Too bad it seems the story is a mess.  I can deal with bad effects, but an incoherent story is where I  draw the line.

29 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

What about the trailers did you like?

- "And then"...that cracked me up (yes, I'm easily amused)

- Hellboys new look (or just the fact that I didn't see Ron Perlman when looking at him)

- Action filled

For a trailer, what else could I ask for(shrug).  It's a good trailer.

14 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

(yes, I'm easily amused)

For a trailer, what else could I ask for(shrug).  It's a good trailer.

lol

Well, to be fair, I'm not sure if a movie exists that everyone likes/dislikes.

I thought the trailers didn't give off a good Hellboy 'vibe'. Just didn't look right to me.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I actually took it as Ron Perlman immersing himself in the role, and Del Toro trying to make him come across more human than monster from Hell. Plus, with his emotions and responses to situations, it added to the results.

An example:

See how they blended in strong human-like features with his monster-like color and characteristics. Even with the rubber suit, they gave it pores for more realism.