• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELLBOY!! Movie reboot
3 3

209 posts in this topic

Ron Perlman Comments On New Hellboy Star David Harbour

davidharbour-hellboy-998045-320x180.png

This weekend, while appearing at Motor City Comic Con, Perlman had nothing but nice things to say about the next actor to don the Right Hand of Doom. “David Harbour is a good dude,” the 67-year-old actor told the crowd (via Dread Central). “I wish him nothing but the best when it comes to the retooling of HB.”

However, Perlman still thinks about what might have been. “The third one was meant to be epic and conclusive and a resolve for all these, almost, Greek oracle promises of the destiny of Hellboy,” he explained. “It would’ve made for a really good movie, I think.”

There was a B.P.R.D. spin-off movie in the works that now also ends with the new franchise launch.

Hellboy Reboot Also Killed BPRD Spinoff Film Starring Abe Sapien

The recently-announced R-rated reboot not only killed any chances of Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman completing their would-be Hellboy trilogy, it also eliminated a BPRD (Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense) spin-off film that had been in the works, off and on, for seven years.

The spin-off would've starred Abe Sapien, the nearly 150-year-old aquatic and kind empath who uses his psychogenic power to read an object and know its past or future. Doug Jones put on Abe's costume once again; however, Briggs didn't mention whether or not David Hyde Pierce would return to voice the role. He did say that Jones would also repries the role of the Angel of Death.

Aside from that, it would've also featured the return of John Myers, the young FBI agent that only appeared in the first film and became Hellboy's rival for Liz's affection. But, most importantly, the villainous Prince Nuada was going to appear in it -- although he died at the end of Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

HELLBOY(s) Ron Perlman And David Harbour Meet Over Dinner As Perlman Passes The Torch

60vXzik.png

Ron Perlman also shared a photo of the meet & greet on his Facebook page, where he writes, "Not since Bill Clinton, Menachem Begin, and Anwar Sadat has there been such an epic summit yielding such a little result! Apparently Patton Oswalt aka balvenieboy thought it was a good idea to host David Harbour and yours truly for a detente dinner. The result: i gained 3 pounds and ruined my liver. Meanwhile, good luck kid! Signed, the babe."

Harbour elaborated on the meeting in an interview with Yahoo.  "Patton brokered a peace, it was incredible.  I had reached out to Ron because I’m a big fan of his. He’s a really sweet guy and we wanted to just talk shop, and I just thought Patton Oswalt would be the perfect chaperone in case Ron and I started to make out or we started dancing too close or if we started getting in a fistfight."

That's pretty cool!

STRANGER THINGS Actor David Harbour Speaks To The Heroic Qualities That HELLBOY Possesses

Hellboycomicbanner.jpg

David Harbour made his first trip to San Diego Comic-Con to promote the upcoming second season of Stranger Things. While there, he sat down with The Hollywood Reporter to speak about the trip, and what type of geeky stuff he is into.

“I did read some comics, but I was not a huge comic guy," he explained. "I got into graphic novels later on in my life. In my twenties, my friends introduced me to some darker graphic novels, things like Watchmen and Hellboy. The comics were not really my thing. I was a little more into cartoons and Dungeons & Dragons and like He-Man and Thundercats. Those cartoons and stuff.”

The conversation then shifted to his upcoming title role in Hellboy: Rise Of The Blood Queen, as Harbour spoke to the heroic nature of Big Red. “I really do think those Mike Mignola Hellboy comics are so beautiful and he’s such a hero for America that we live in today. I definitely think Hellboy is an antihero. He was kind of born into it. It wasn’t something like Batman where he chooses to go and fight crime. He was just born this weird half-demon spawned by Nazi occultists and saved by these dudes who tried to raise him right. For him, it’s a sense of discovery. His actual destiny as a ‘hero’ is to end the world. He is the beast of the apocalypse. So, in a way, his struggle to be a superhero is to just not do the thing that he’s destined to do,” he said.

Let's see if the video link works with Hollywood Reporter.

Hellboy: Rise Of The Blood Queen Casts Ian McShane

hellboy-1013282.png

It seems the team behind Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen have found their newest star. According The Hollywood Reporter, Ian McShane has signed on to play Hellboy’s adoptive father in the franchise reboot.

McShane is joining a growing cast on the Hellboy project. David Harbour will be the actor bringing Hellboy to life on the big screen. The character’s creator Mike Mignola announced his series was getting a film reboot earlier this year, and Harbour was attached to project not too long after. Neil Marshall will be directing the Hellboy film following his work on The Descent and Game of Thrones.

I wonder if American Gods caught someone's eyes?

Milla Jovovich Joins Hellboy Reboot

milla-jovovich-hellboy-1014368-320x180.j

Milla Jovovich is in talks to join the R-rated reboot film - which was previously titled Hellboy: Rise Of The Blood Queen - according to a recent report from Deadline. Jovovich will be playing The Queen of Blood herself, also known as Nimue.

For the uninitiated, Nimue is known as the most powerful witch in British history, who gained her powers - and a deep darkness - after learning magic from Merlin. She played a significant role in Hellboy comic stories 'The Wild Hunt' and 'The Storm and The Fury.'

HELLBOY Reboot Casts AMERICAN HONEY Breakout Star Sasha Lane As Alice Monaghan

153284.jpg

On the heels of the news that Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich has been cast in the Hellboy reboot as the villainous Blood Queen, THR reports that Sasha Lane has also joined the production as Alice Monaghan.

In Mike Mignola's comics, Alice is a woman of Irish descent who is kidnapped by fairies as a baby. Big Red eventually rescues her, but she retains some of her magical abilities and doesn't appear to show any signs of ageing.

Lane made a name for herself in Andrea Arnold’s American Honey, and has since gone on to become a highly in-demand actress. She’s also attached to Shoplifters of the World with Joe Manganiello, and sci-fi movie Hunting Lila.

They are really lining up a solid cast.

'Deadpool' Alum Ed Skrein Joins 'Hellboy' Reboot

ed-skrein-hellboy-1016294-640x320.jpg

Ed Skrein (Game of Thrones, The Transported Refueled) is currently in negotiations to appear in Hellboy, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Comic book fans will best recognize Skrein from his role as Francis/Ajax, the main villain in 2016's Deadpool.

Skrein is set to play Major Ben Daimio, described as "a rugged military member of the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense who, due to a supernatural encounter, can turn into a jaguar when angered or in pain."

Hellboy: Ed Skrein Steps Down Over Whitewashing Criticisms

Ed-Skrein-Hellboy.jpg?cs=tinysrgb&q=20&w

After being originally cast in the film, actor Ed Skrein has parted way with Legendary and Millennium’s planned Hellboy reboot, following an outcry of whitewashing criticisms from fans. The film – which will be completely abandoning the casts and direction of Guillermo del Toro’s original two Hellboy outings – will feature Stranger Things breakout star David Harbour in the lead role, with The Descent and Game of Thrones director, Neil Marshall, signed on at the helm. In the months since the reboot’s original announcement earlier this summer, Marshall and the rest of the film’s creative team have been gradually filling out the film’s cast of characters.

Skrein was one of the more recent additions to the Hellboy reboot when he was cast as Major Ben Daimio in the blockbuster film last week. However, despite Skrein’s proven talents as an actor on the big screen, the casting was met with an understandable amount of criticism from fans, who were quick to point out that Daimio is an Asian character in the comics. Many were then quick to add Skrein’s Hellboy casting to the growing cases of Hollywood whitewashing roles in their films – leading to an unexpected development.

HELLBOY Reboot Unveils Our First Official Look At STRANGER THINGS' David Harbour

DJoToM3VoAAqLS1.jpg:large

The official Twitter account for Neil Marshall's upcoming Hellboy reboot is now live, and they've marked the occasion by sharing our first look at Stranger Things actor David Harbor as the demonic hero.

Way to kick off a Twitter account.

:applause:

HELLBOY Reboot CONFIRMED For An Early 2019 Release Date!

After previously debunking a rumored January 2019 release date, Lionsgate Summit Entertainment have now officially confirmed that their upcoming Hellboy reboot will indeed hit theaters on January 11, 2019

The film will star David Harbour (Stranger Things) as the titular hero with a supporting cast that includes Ian McShane (American Gods) as Trevor Bruttenholm and Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil) as the evil Blood Queen. Sasha Lane (American Honey), Penelope Mitchell (The Vampire Diaries), Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii Five-0), Sophie Okonedo (After Earth), Alistair Petrie (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), and Brian Gleenson (Logan Lucky) will also star.

The reboot has to be better than the first two. Not sure what they were, but they weren't anything close to the comics. Not sure how any fan of the character and series enjoyed those as true "Hellboy" movies. I know I didn't. Good riddance. 

1 hour ago, october said:

The reboot has to be better than the first two. Not sure what they were, but they weren't anything close to the comics. Not sure how any fan of the character and series enjoyed those as true "Hellboy" movies. I know I didn't. Good riddance. 

So if someone enjoyed either (or both) of the previous movies, they must not be a fan? It's a thought. I disagree with that, as the first Hellboy movie is what got me back into comics.

There were scenes straight out of Seed of Destruction. To include the origin story.