• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some harsh feedback -- Marvel Value Stamps

5 posts in this topic

Need some harsh feedback -- Marvel Value Stamps

I have a Daredevil 131 that I owned as a kid.  I have now see that I cut out the Marvel Value Stamp.  This is one of those times when I get to face my own stupidity as a youth.

Is there are rules of thumb as to the decrease in value?

Thanks in advance!

Somewhere between absolutely worthless and FMV . . . seriously, for issues of no import whatsoever, they are virtually worthless. But a Hulk 181, and others like WBN 32 (including perhaps, your DD 131) can bring a surprising amount at auction.

Unfortunately, I too, know from personal experience. :(

I recently sold two HG Luke Cage (sans MVS) for close to FMV - both cut-outs fully disclosed. :whistle:

Edited by divad

Thanks -- I had to end an auction and send an explanation.  You also gave me a start -- I won WWBN 32 (bought that one off the comic stand as well).  It does not have a MVS!  Thankfully.

No MVS = incomplete, qualified for 3.5 or higher, 0.5 otherwise. I guess it's up to the buyer as to whether or not it's worth buying without it. I would definitely pass. Though the Hulk 181 still sells for outrageous prices even incomplete. There is absolutely no shortage of that book, but people are just nuts for it.