• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TCBS SUMMER 2017, Sun June 25, Toronto ON! Huge Giveaways!

25 posts in this topic

TCBS SUMMER 2017, Sun June 25, Toronto ON! Huge Giveaways!

We are now up to 75 Vendor Tables!

Buy/Sell/Trade new and vintage comic books! High grade treasures as well as truck loads of loonie bins!

Marvel, DC, Indy, Horror, Kids Titles, Graphic Novels and so much more! There is something for everyone!

Onsite CGC submission centre as well as pressing/cleaning courtesy of The Comic Doctor

Plus, Huge hourly prizes, snacks/drinks for just a buck! 

TCBS has quickly become the number one pure comic book show in Canada!

Sunday June 25th - 2017

10AM-4PM

Toronto Plaza Hotel

1677 Wilson Ave (HWY 400/401) 

FREE ADMISSION for KIDS! General Admission just $5.00! 

For more information, please visit www.torontocomicbookshow.com 

18199269_1895693777365498_2531789158174033574_n.jpg

19 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Iv'e never hit this show up but it seems like its just dollar bins for days.. Does anyone bring any decent keys or slabs or anything? is it worth the 2 hour flight?

There are a few good dealers that bring keys.  If you're looking for a massive selection of choice in Hulk 1's  or that sort of thing they aren't there.  That said there is often several ASM300's, NM98's etc around.

Myself, Jim, Marc, Kevin and a few others often have a few major keys (AV1's, Hulk 181's, X-men 1's)...I would say on average there is one copy of almost all major keys.  I don't know if its worth the 2hr flight...but it honestly is the best comic show, as it's strictly a comic show and you don't need to deal with the other aspects of the big cons (cosplay, celebrities/artists, MASSIVE crowd).  Since you hit up Fan Expo and do everything then (sigs etc) I don't know if you can justify it with flights but the admission is much more attractive haha.

Hmm. Ya just checked round trip is 450$ because of the late booking, I probably couldn't make enough to justify it this year. I'll keep this one in mind next year though.  I generally stick with cgc ss book and getting books signed to flip but the well has run dry up here I really need to replenish my stock soon. 

11 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Hmm. Ya just checked round trip is 450$ because of the late booking, I probably couldn't make enough to justify it this year. I'll keep this one in mind next year though.  I generally stick with cgc ss book and getting books signed to flip but the well has run dry up here I really need to replenish my stock soon. 

It runs a 4-6 times a year and really is the best little comic show on the planet.  Rob the promoter has really caught listening in a bottle with this one.

This show on Sunday, my "wall" of keys would rival any Fan Expo "wall".

Jim

Edited by Guardian Comics

46 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

It runs a 4-6 times a year and really is the best little comic show on the planet.  Rob the promoter has really caught listening in a bottle with this one.

Jim

Do you have a wall this weekend...or should we just trust you that you have wall books :baiting:
I really wish I would have taken a picture of your sign that time :( 

Edited by Iceman399

On 6/19/2017 at 9:00 PM, Guardian Comics said:

Jim

I plan to be there on Sun at opening - looking forward to seeing this wall!

28 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

See...I do not lie.  Thank you so much for your purchase BTW. :foryou:

Jim

Haha, indeed, you weren't joking, that was a legitimate wall! :applause:

Agreed it was a great show, packed (but not so crazy you couldn't move), and a good range of dealers with a wide selection of books. Was my first TCBS, but bought a nice NM87 slab from Jim, made a few trades, bought a few $20-30 books and a whack of $2 books. Definitely plan to be back at the next one!

How does getting back and forth across the border work in terms of buying comic books?  Would I need to pay a fee for each book purchased?  Toronto is such a cool city and I'd love to go back in the summer so going up to also hit a Con would be ideal.

35 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

How does getting back and forth across the border work in terms of buying comic books?  Would I need to pay a fee for each book purchased?  Toronto is such a cool city and I'd love to go back in the summer so going up to also hit a Con would be ideal.

As an American coming back you would most likely pay you very little if anything at all.  They will ask you how much you purchased of over all goods.  There is different allowances for a 24 hour trip, a 48 hour trip and a week or more.  You're gonna say a thousand or whatever the number would most likely be and you'll be sent along with zero issues.  

Jim

4 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

As an American coming back you would most likely pay you very little if anything at all.  They will ask you how much you purchased of over all goods.  There is different allowances for a 24 hour trip, a 48 hour trip and a week or more.  You're gonna say a thousand or whatever the number would most likely be and you'll be sent along with zero issues.  

Jim

Thanks Jim.  Is there an easy way to bring large sums of money into Canada?  Get loonies our of the bank while in Canada?  Will they just allow you across the border with $3k in US cash?  Never gone for more then a weekend get-away so just curious how it all works.

9 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Thanks Jim.  Is there an easy way to bring large sums of money into Canada?  Get loonies our of the bank while in Canada?  Will they just allow you across the border with $3k in US cash?  Never gone for more then a weekend get-away so just curious how it all works.

You can carry $9,999 in cash before you have to declare it at the border. And even then you are just declaring it, they don't do anything to you.  If you brought 100k every other day, that would be a different story and raise some red flags.  

They've asked me before why do I need so much cash to go to a comic convention?  I said cuz I drink...alot.  They usually start laughing and waive me through.

Jim

27 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Just to follow up on what Jim said.  It's $10,000 Canadian amongst the family (if you are bringing yours).  So remember USD is currently about 1USD = 1.32 CDN so if you've got around 7.5k USD you need to declare it.  You've crossed before so nothing extra or special.  You aren't allowed to "sell" in Canada without declaring it and going through hoops so if you do plan to bring some books maybe consider trading them ;)