• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about shipping to/from CGC

7 posts in this topic

Questions about shipping to/from CGC

Sorry if this isn't the right place, or I somehow missed it on the site, but how much does CGC charge for shipping graded books back?  How many do they ship at a time?  It says in their shipping guidelines to wrap no more than 5 together in the cardboard sandwich, but the only limit to how many at a time is the size of the box, right?

Also, is there a way to know what shows they'll be at to hand in a submission?  Comicpalooza is in a couple of days, but they don't mention it on their website.  Was thinking of submitting there.  It's one of the ads on the home page here at CGC so I assume so, but want to make sure.

Thanks

Edited by SteppinRazor

If you look on the CGC Home page on the left side you can click "View all Events" to see what shows CGC will have a table set up at.  Comicpalooza is at the top of the list. You can drop off books for grading and not have to deal with packing or shipping to them. As far as return shipping from CGC, I prefer USPS Registered Mail.  They will be insured for more and not just left at your doorstep. If you have quite a few comics to grade on the same invoice, they will likely be returned in boxes holding up to 15-21 slabs each. I remember with the old online form, shipping costs were listed when you printed out your final invoices. I'm not sure where they are in the new format.

4 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

If you look on the CGC Home page on the left side you can click "View all Events" to see what shows CGC will have a table set up at.  Comicpalooza is at the top of the list. You can drop off books for grading and not have to deal with packing or shipping to them. As far as return shipping from CGC, I prefer USPS Registered Mail.  They will be insured for more and not just left at your doorstep. If you have quite a few comics to grade on the same invoice, they will likely be returned in boxes holding up to 15-21 slabs each. I remember with the old online form, shipping costs were listed when you printed out your final invoices. I'm not sure where they are in the new format.

Thank you sir.  So you decide how they are shipped back?  I thought I read in the T&C they decide.

Edited by SteppinRazor

5 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

Thank you sir.  So you decide how they are shipped back?  I thought I read in the T&C they decide.

You can pick either USPS or UPS (100. max insurance) on the initial paperwork.