• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Things Silver Surfer & Galactus
4 4

74 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2017 at 5:36 AM, marvelmaniac said:

All I can say is...WOW, very, very nice.

Also, I knew I was forgetting an action figure when I posted this morning and two of my all time favorite Galactus issues from one of my ALL TIME favorite titles/storylines, so here they are.

m7f5mo.jpg

v74ks4.jpg

wa35eg.jpg

A good story. The highlight is Galactus eclipsing the Black Sun of the Dark Nebula and fighting a dozen Death Birds.

Ah, the 80s.

On 5/10/2017 at 10:33 PM, Readcomix said:

I love the conclusion to the final issue of the original Surfer series, #18, and it's never-delivered promise for the Namor-like anti-hero Surfer in #19. I still wonder if the pages exist unpublished.

Gator, I'm surprised to learn he's your fave, only because I would have guessed a GA pick.

image.jpeg

The slightly off storytelling is interesting. Notice how Black Bolt is almost an afterthought in that one panel?

There's also no reaction from the Inhumans shown as the SS streaks away at top speed.

On 5/10/2017 at 12:21 PM, Bfairb said:

SS is also my favorite character.  FF annual 6 is also my pick for best surfer Kirby art.

I'd go with the Silver Surfer OGN.  Not my copy, but mine is in sweet shape:

the-silver-surfer-the-ultimate-cosmic-ex

On 5/10/2017 at 8:33 AM, Readcomix said:

I love the conclusion to the final issue of the original Surfer series, #18, and it's never-delivered promise for the Namor-like anti-hero Surfer in #19. I still wonder if the pages exist unpublished.

Gator, I'm surprised to learn he's your fave, only because I would have guessed a GA pick.

I've never heard of pages, but chronologically years later Marvel published a title that has the Surfer and comes after SS #18, Webspinners: Tales of Spider-Man #4-6.  

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Webspinners:_Tales_of_Spider-Man_Vol_1_4