• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Obscure BRONZE age characters 1st appearances
1 1

123 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Beat me to a reply to the question.

Yup, Hellcow.

One of my favourite Steve Gerber created Bronze Age characters - mainly because it's quite ridiculous, especially adding a Count Dracula cape to show she's now a vampire.

Yup! One of my favorites as a kid also! I remember laughing at the instantaneous cape as soon as she became a vampire. Just a fun story! (thumbsu

6 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

I remember buying this one off the stands and loved the Joe Kubert cover. I really liked the character as well. Once plentiful but getting harder to find in the wild in high grade. I see VG/FN all the time but yet to find one in NM.

Ragman_1.jpg

I have always really liked this character! :golfclap:

54 minutes ago, 50AE_DE said:

1st App. Butterfly in Hell Rider #1.  It should fit into obscure, Bronze, and 1st appearance.

Now that's better! The Butterfly is probably even the most obscure character posted thus far.

On 2017-05-11 at 7:22 PM, catman76 said:

First one I thought of. With a Kirby cover no less. I think this and the next two issues were his only appearances.

No, the 3-D Man is pretty obscure, but has at least a few more appearances that I know of.

10 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

I've noticed an up tick on this character for some reason. Besides the awesome GIL KANE cover I mean. I have a copy already but is there something going on with this character?

Joe-Jusko-Marvel-Masterpiece-Artist-Spotlight-1992-Set-Namorita-Inspiration.jpg

Gil Kane did not draw that cover.

On 5/12/2017 at 7:32 AM, Ken Aldred said:

28167_20060208131138_large.jpg

On 5/12/2017 at 9:16 AM, Dogsupreme said:

????. Please explain/

First appearance of Howard the Duck ;) there was already a movie of that though, I was too young to see it when it came out EDIT it wasn't rated R but I guess my parents thought that it was to dumb and they wouldn't take me to see it and I was 5 yrs old lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

First appearance of Howard the Duck ;) there was already a movie of that though, I was too young to see it when it came out EDIT it wasn't rated R but I guess my parents thought that it was to dumb and they wouldn't take me to see it and I was 5 yrs old lol 

I think it's first solo Howard story, but his first appearance is Fear #19.

On 5/11/2017 at 8:33 PM, Brian48 said:

He only lasted two issues, but I always loved the Copperhead villain from Daredevil. Don't remember exactly which issues it was, but he predated Bullseye.  

Big Barda from Mr Miracle (I think it's issue 2) is another one I've been meaning to get   

Then there's Harvey Bullock from Tec 441 (a sleeper in my opinion).

I hope you're looking for Mr Miracle 4 then!