• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Bill Finger on Hulu--A must watch!

12 posts in this topic

Batman and Bill Finger on Hulu--A must watch!

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/batman-and-bill-who-is-batman/

I am sure many of us comic fans know about Bill Finger and how Bob Kane was a total scumbag to him.  I hope this new Hulu documentary will help the whole world see who else really helped to create Batman, especially the Batman universe and Rogue gallery.  Jerry Robinson also get some kudos as well. 

Has anyone else watched this?

dup_the_creation_of_vintage_batman_by_paulromanmartinez.jpg

Edited by nWo_22

Even my cold heart got teary eyed at the end of the documentary, but in a satisfied way. 

Bill Finger can finally RIP!

I now have a new appreciation for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice even if it is just for the first couple minutes of the film. ^^

Edited by nWo_22

Thanks for the heads up I just watched this doc. Great job Marc Tyler Nobleman, you earned your angel wings for getting Bill Finger his proper credit and making sure his heirs are taken care of. What a sad story with a happy ending. You just wish Bill could have been alive to see the outcome.

I also have a much deeper appreciation for Jim Steranko after seeing and hearing the interviews with Bob Kane, great job Jim!!!

Watched this last night with the family. It was very well made and the retrospective look into the history was so engrossing. Admittedly, while the retelling was so very tragic and sad at certain points to bear, it's an important work for the way it's raising awareness around the deserved co-creator credit Bill Finger and his legacy had long deserved.

Thanks for sharing!

Always good to hear about Bill Finger being given more credit, even though I won’t get to see the documentary itself.