• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post a pic of the first comic you ever acquired as a kid...
2 2

66 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, kav said:

Superman stop whining-if you were starving you'd be scrawny and you look just fine.

That cook (Popeye gone to seed?) sure seems to be getting his share of calories, and check out Kirk Douglas behind Batman.

10 minutes ago, joe_collector said:

That cook (Popeye gone to seed?) sure seems to be getting his share of calories, and check out Kirk Douglas behind Batman.

lol  

The weird part is-I really liked that Adventure comics but I didn't buy another issue-I always bought superman, action, superboy, jimmy olsen with the oftimes crappy art of stan kaye wayne boring george papp vince costanza-WHY??  WHY didn't I focus on adventure and world's finest with the swan/klein art???  

1 minute ago, joe_collector said:

And that fat cook is back gloating again. Will he ever stop?

All he does is cook, and gloat.

2 hours ago, kav said:

It's cool to check what was on the stands when you bought your first comic.  I remember seeing that Aquaman:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:1967,_May

Those must have been on the spinner rack in late-August/early-September (we went back the day before school started), as they are all MIA from my collection and all lost in the Great Camping Fiasco. It's amazing how all those issues cut a thin line through my childhood collection and I have ALL the issues from the previous month like Avengers 128, FF 151, MTU 26, Defenders 16, Thor 228... though I did lost Hulk 180 but I think I brought that with me along with ASM 137.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:1974,_November

Edited by joe_collector

Going thru month by month I was only able to buy 11 comics my first year reading comics.  Such a sad waste.  We hardly ever went to a store that had comics.

5 minutes ago, joe_collector said:

And eat.

And eat.  And eat.  And eat.

3 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

I bought a handful of books at a used book store...but I specifically remember this one.

ab7660d686715d996c1e428f165d769b.jpg

Good book.  I remember Breathtaker being a very good series of theirs, as well.

These are the first two comics I ever picked up. I was on a family vacation and when we stopped to get gas my parents let me pick up these beauts. To this day, Taskmaster (last panel page) and Galactus are my absolute two favorite characters in comics.

avengers.jpg

ff.jpg

Edited by NamesJay

My dad had this rolled up in his jacket coming home,and gave it to me.....even though we all know the Grizzly stunk ,I read that issue over and over....god bless Ross Andru....

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_139.jpg

Edited by squidmo2000

DD #19......Last day of school, my brother Ted brought me my first comic......I recall telling people who wanted to look at it, don't dog ear the pages and don't fold the cover around to the back of the book, but at age seven, just didn't think of the fact that the mere act of opening the book repeatedly damages the comic....doh!

DD_19.jpg

Edited by JohnFranklin