• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post a pic of the first comic you ever acquired as a kid...
2 2

66 posts in this topic

I remember the day my Grandfather let me pick these out at a yard sale,I was six.How i've held on to them with all my moms comic purging I don't know.

283f9727-01dc-4a1c-a109-40b1314bb198_zps

I think the Ghosts is still in as nice shape because I was scared of it!

f6679801-8c90-4a85-b27e-49d619349584_zps

latest?cb=20081227181018

I was in the 2nd grade when this came out. I can remember not know what 'Society' meant or how to pronounce it. I have no  idea how I talked my mom in to spending 50 cents on a funny book. This is not my original. That one is long gone. Got this image off of the internet.

Edited by Dr Zen

I was a big Superman fan when I was a pre-schooler back in the early '70s, but in my earliest memories, I believe this is the first book I ever got.  Don't even remember if it was my parents or one of my uncles that got it for me.  Finally bought another copy a couple of years back.  Even came across the original art for the cover too, but the seller who owned the shop didn't want to sell it to me.

RAD8DBAF2012827_122325.jpg

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I remember the day my Grandfather let me pick these out at a yard sale,I was six.How i've held on to them with all my moms comic purging I don't know.

283f9727-01dc-4a1c-a109-40b1314bb198_zps

I think the Ghosts is still in as nice shape because I was scared of it!

f6679801-8c90-4a85-b27e-49d619349584_zps

Helps explain why you're such a big fan of Charlton Comics, Jimmers, just as much as 'my' Fantastic 1 helps explain why I'm a lifelong X-Men fan. 

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Helps explain why you're such a big fan of Charlton Comics, Jimmers, just as much as 'my' Fantastic 1 helps explain why I'm a lifelong X-Men fan. 

And my love of Steve Ditko.

I had a quarter and went to buy some candy.  I was 8.  I spotted the comic rack and was mesmerized.  I grabbed these two babies and a red licorice.  I can still remember what the weather was like and exactly where I was when I read each one.  The action 350 I read under a dutch elm tree.  Sky overcast.  I read the adventure comics and the page where they bring up the power gem, we were driving past Jimboy's tacos:

4b43f96068aecf0202e6f1ee54c3569f.jpgaction350.jpg