• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hitler as WWII Horror
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Hitler as WWII Horror

A large amount of GA Hitler covers involve him being punched or captured and as such are more "realistic". What I am hoping to see here are the ones where Hitler is depicted with a horror image. There are plenty of Nazi and Imperial Japanese pictured as monsters, etc, but how many where the most horrible man of the 20th Century is depicted as a monster himself? Here's my entry and the one that started me thinking about this topic:

image.jpeg

An interesting subject and I would bet there are lot more splash pages with these types of demonic depictions of Hitler, but the only other one that I can think of is Headline #8. 

headline8.jpg

Prize #32 might barely qualify.  He is somewhat spectral in the image.  On that cover, he just appears to be a frightened ghostly image, but his features aren't altered.

Prize37.jpg

Edited by walclark
grammar

These two would be a stretch, but Blue Circle #3 shows Hitler as a frightened octopus.

bluecircle.jpg

You could argue that this is a furnace made to look like Hitler and not actually Hitler and that would disqualify it.

fantastic22.jpg

1 hour ago, walclark said:

These two would be a stretch, but Blue Circle #3 shows Hitler as a frightened octopus.

bluecircle.jpg

You could argue that this is a furnace made to look like Hitler and not actually Hitler and that would disqualify it.

fantastic22.jpg

Awesome!!! 

9 minutes ago, Timely said:

If memory serves, there is a Destroyer splash page in either Mystic or Daring that has Hitler as a snake, a good horror image.

I don't recall seeing that i hope someone can drum it up. Since these aren't public domain there are so many i know i am missing out on

17 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

Hitler as WWII Horror

A large amount of GA Hitler covers involve him being punched or captured and as such are more "realistic". What I am hoping to see here are the ones where Hitler is depicted with a horror image. There are plenty of Nazi and Imperial Japanese pictured as monsters, etc, but how many where the most horrible man of the 20th Century is depicted as a monster himself? Here's my entry and the one that started me thinking about this topic:

image.jpeg

Nice

10525647_1452138338373244_6916633332593392467_n.jpg

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

Not on the cover, but the full Unknown Soldier story in Four Favorites #12 depicts Hitler in an ambiguous way, as the figure of Hitler (as a man) and satan are coincident. This is visually shown in the beautiful double splash opening page (Gino knows what I am talking about… :)

I sure do brother and here it is (thumbsu   LBC :cloud9: Your copy is still WAY nicer than mine!!! tough book

Four Favorites #12

Edited by gino2paulus2