• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta Egyptian Queen for sale publicly
1 1

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Checked out the link. Beautiful painting, although in inestimable Jr. style Egyptian is misspelled. lol

Oh man.... lol

I wonder if anyone in the estate has ever tried to consign to Sotheby's or Christie's American Art auctions? Inclusion in a catalog like that, alongside Rockwell, Wyeth, and Parrish, etc. would seem like the next logical way to cement the Frazetta illustration legacy within the art world. If any fantasy artist could make the leap, it's him.

(I would also like to see a Bernie Fuchs, a Bob Peak, or a Drew Struzan make that leap up to the American Art Fine Art level. They may have the public visibility to get up to that level. Somebody at these big auctions houses should be taking the lead to rework this market and the definition of "American Art".)

4 hours ago, cstojano said:

Which family member is selling these? The google caching of the various museum websites really complicates things.

As I understand it the major Frazetta pieces like Egyptian Queen and Death Dealer are owner jointly by both siblings. Most of the other lesser paintings were split between them.

1 hour ago, Brian Peck said:

As I understand it the major Frazetta pieces like Egyptian Queen and Death Dealer are owner jointly by both siblings. Most of the other lesser paintings were split between them.

I think that there are 4 kids in that family, no? As I understand it the major works are jointly owned and they divvied up the rest by choosing one at a time!

7 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

WOW! Wish I were Bill Gates that would be pocket change. I bet it will end up in the collection of Robert Rodriguez.

This piece (and others) was shopped privately in the first half of last year (at least that's when I heard about it; inquiries might have started even earlier).  I would assume that the BSD usual suspects like Rodriguez have, at the very least, been aware of its availability and asking price, and have thus far not bitten.  

Edited by delekkerste

8 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

This piece (and others) were shopped privately in the first half of last year (at least that's when I heard about it; inquiries might have started even earlier).  I would assume that the BSD usual suspects like Rodriguez have, at the very least, been aware of its availability and asking price, and have thus far not bitten.  

I don't know nuthin' from nuthin' here, the seven figure circle is not where I generally circulate lol, but agree you don't generally float public unless your number hasn't worked privately first. For easy to place masterpieces that is.

3 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I heard the rights coming along with the pieces isn't helping the affordability. How does one value the rights to the death dealer, for example? Not that I could afford a DD oil anyway, but if I could I wouldn't want to be burdened with the licensing rights. That's like paying to have to go to work in a way.